Hows the speed of the site....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
OK so we have been tweaking (me and other grown ups no pee wee's on this project) and are curious as to the speed of the site.

Anyone having problems?
Are things back to the way they used to be?
Your thoughts?

Cap

Same here, every now & then it tends to slow up abit but not by alot. By the way, is it me or did the lettering change on homepage? Thanks for the great work Cap & crew.

Zoom Zoom Cap.... Size you installed that new lock on the server room, much faster!!!
laugh.gif

Speed has definitely improved. An occasional slow spot here and there but it is definitely better.
beerchug.gif

Completely usable now, captain, thanks! There's still a noticed load time for pulling up the list of threads and sometimes it stalls for a bit but it's probably within spec for sorting. My speed comparisons are based on other sites but they are running other message board software. This delay is visible paints as done in Mozilla or Netscape, but NOT IE because IE lies to you... mozilla dumps data to screen as it comes in, but IE waits for a chuck and dumps it all at once looking like a faster load. try both and you can see. Again, that is a trivial point, and the rest of the improvements have made the site zippier again.

Thanks for putting in the time adn effort! There's a six pack of Mountain Dew from me waiting at your local store. You'll have to pay for it, of course, but we'll say it's from me ;)

Running just fine today. Did notice a slow down last night, but nothing big. I think the home page looks cool with new lettering, right on!!!
beerchug.gif

Speed is better! I have a terrible connection so I know it's my fault when it's slow...

Problem I found: Can't see any new post in the HO's thread...

Not much of a problem, but is it only me?

Seems to be working fine thanks Cap. There is something wrong with the HO thread its stuck on page 820 and you can't see new posts but they are going somewhere.

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106177489 -->

Working great here! Only slows a little when there are 45 members on here at once postin'.....

while I'm down and out I'm stuck with dial up and it seems to be running just fine to me.
smile.gif

Back