Who here has a second sport bike

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So I'm just wondering how many of us have a second sport bike to thrash around on. the last year I have had the itch to get another bike but can't afford the gsxr 1000 I would love to get. I can get a 600 that has a little rash for around 3 grand. Can you still have fun on a 600 after riding the busa? R6s and gsxr are plentiful around here so which would be a better pick? Thanks for any advice

I wouldnt get a 6 unles you plan on tracking it. After riding a busa that thing might put you to sleep on the street :laugh: Ive been looking into getting a 2nd street bike as well. Looking for something different maybe a Vtwin like an RC 51 or possibly a super moto. No sense in getting 2 bikes that ride similar. Thought about getting a gsxr 1000 but honestly I'd rather just hop on my busa. I ride with some guys on 1000's and I hold my own and then some so I dont see the point. One of my buddies had an R6 and the best word I can use to describe it was......."cute" :whistle:

Not right now, but I did had a 1k while I had the busa, I ended up selling because I didnt ride it enough, the busa was way more comfortable on the street.:laugh:
But if I get into doing track days I wouldn't mind have another 1k :laugh:

If you can snag up a 600 cheap get it.. youll have tons of fun and it would make a suitabel track weapon as well. I have a 600 and had a blast running that through the dragon so did a few folks on here :laugh:

It really depends on what you are getting the 6 for. If you want something that's small, light and you can flick around the corners, the 600s are fun. I bought an R6 to use as a track bike and after my wife rode it, it it became hers :laugh:. The 6 will rev to the moon and the performance isn't too bad once you get it over 10k rpm. The biggest thing I noticed (besides the power) was the riding position seemed to be much higher up on the bike than the busa. It also falls into corners really fast which took me a bit to get used to.

Yeh, I have a second bike for the track.
Much lighter and way better than a 600 or a 1000 :cheerleader:

CFtrackieandRoadie.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

I also have a second bike, it's a Honda ST1300. Not another 'Sport" bike, but it's waayy comfortable for long-distance travel.

Pan, you gotta get that thang out of the novice group so you can find your place in the pecking order! Lighter and better than a 600 or 1000? I have friends on 600's who would take great pleasure in shaming you on your carbon fiber busa. :laugh:

Big HP bikes are fun to ride but most would climb the skills ladder faster on less HP. Bikes with less HP such as the 600's, takes an entirely different mind set to ride fast. Street riders who start out on big HP bikes make up for mistakes with throttle. You can't do that with 600 cc's. The SV650 with 74 HP may be the best bike on the planet to start on. In the world of racing the 600's are only 1-3 seconds slower than the liter bikes depending on track layout. 600 cc bikes with proper set up and a skilled nut behind the bars come off the corners with the front tire in the air. More HP at that point is useless.

By the way, who (Good question for Pan) can tell me why a 600 changes direction so much better than a busa or even a 1000 for that matter? 600's and 1000's are very close in weight and size.

Another point for the fat guys: :tongue4: It's much more physically demanding to ride a big HP bike fast. Just hanging onto the beast once the throttle is against the stop is a chore. So, if you have plans of riding a big bike "Fast" for a 20 minute session at the track, buy yourself a bicycle as a second bike and "USE" it. :thumbsup:

600 cc bikes with proper set up and a skilled nut behind the bars come off the corners with the front tire in the air. More HP at that point is useless.

I beg to differ. There is a reason that the 750 was the premier class for so long. It's a real shame only Suzuki still makes one. The new 600's however have come a long way.

I beg to differ. There is a reason that the 750 was the premier class for so long. It's a real shame only Suzuki still makes one. The new 600's however have come a long way.

It's fine to disagree but you would be mistaken. More HP when the wheel is in the air is useless no matter what bike you are on.

I tend to think that's why they aren't the premier class anymore...the 600's became so technically advanced that they could squeeze a similar power to weight ratio out of them. Sadly, for the street at least, I really miss the 750's; they were relatively light, but had that extra bit of torque to make city driving more liveable. :)

Shame on me, but I'm actually thinking of picking up a Goldwing or similar, haha. The busa is my primary toy, but it'd be nice to throw the old lady on the lazy boy in the back and go long hauls. She can't stand riding on the back of the busa, haha.

Shame on me, but I'm actually thinking of picking up a Goldwing or similar, haha. The busa is my primary toy, but it'd be nice to throw the old lady on the lazy boy in the back and go long hauls. She can't stand riding on the back of the busa, haha.

Have her try riding on the back of a 600 lol my girl said I'm not allowed to sell the busa for a different sportbike because she refuses to sit on a 3"x3" pad

It's fine to disagree but you would be mistaken. More HP when the wheel is in the air is useless no matter what bike you are on.

True that while in the air it won't make a difference, the wheel has to come down sometime. The 750 is almost as agile as the 600 but comes out of a corner like a 600 could only dream. IMHO.

Back