Oddest "altercation" while driving?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
It's one of those "can you even believe someone acts this way" thread...
smile.gif

I've got two good ones...

1)  I'm 16 maybe, riding with my Dad in his Firebird...we're on the interstate and he realizes there's some guy in a little car playing cat and mouse with him.  Long story short - they both race back and forth for a few miles, then my Dad takes an exit.  We're just sitting there at a red light when the little car from the interstate pulls up next to me, driver looks at us, then guns the gas and hits the side panel on my Dad's shiny new sports car.  He then runs a red light and flees the scene.  It was so unprovoked, we both just sat there for a few seconds trying to figure out what in the hell just happened...my Dad was quicker than I, because by the time I put it all together that that guy was the same guy from the interstate, we were running through the intersection in pursuit of the little car...the idiot ended up at his house where my Dad did threaten him with bodily harm, but thankfully it all ended blood free and with some insurance info exchanged...I don't think my Dad ever pursued getting his car fixed by this clown, so he was the bigger man that day...
smile.gif

2)  About 11 years ago, I'm a commuter college student...en route to my evening class after a day at work...I'm in heaps of traffic, hitting every stinking stop light.  I notice a car behind me, two guys in it, trying to get as close to my car at each stop as they can.  A few lights later, my car rock's forward.  I looked in the mirror and saw the driver laughing at me.  I am a road rager, I don't hide that, but this was such an insanely stupid thing to do while sitting in traffic, I was truly in disbelief that he just hit my car.  I thought about getting out and chewing his azz out (something I certainly don't mind doing nowadays), but that day, for some reason I feared for my safety.  It was dusk, and although there was a lot of traffic around me, I just kept thinking "they want me to get out, then I'll be in trouble"...I didn't have a cell phone, and no one around me seemed to notice anything at all, so, I just sat there and waited for the light to turn green, then did my best to out manuever them in traffic and left 'em behind...

Man, if I could go back in time...I can assure you I wouldn't be like WWJD...not something I'm proud of, but damn it - stupid people should suffer!
laugh.gif

Still, after all these years, I can't believe that people acted like they did...it's always amazing...
rock.gif

smile.gif

You want to know the ONE key to never being bothered by someones road rage?
rock.gif
 Buy a 1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.   NO ONE, I mean NO one, wants to piss you off or try to play their tiny d!ck games.  
thumbs-up.gif
 Bonus is, if someone is messing around and rear ends you like VA above?  you simple pull forward about 4 feet, quickly throw it in reverse, and BASH THE FUG OUTTA THEM, Cause it isn't going to hurt the Caddy one Bit...  
smile.gif

VA, Sounds like at the time you made the smart decision. There are some creepy types out there with nothing to loose, angry at everyone, just stupid enough to be really dangerous.

Man, I really miss my Caddies...  Had two over the years, entertaining cars... This isn't one of mine, but you get the idea. Oh on the Road weight of 6600lbs, 19.5' long.... 500CI motor...
cdv75a.jpg

Yeah I have seen people do some very stupid things that make you want to get out and choke em.

Rev...we had one of those vehicles...it was a 1980 CJ-7 with big, BIG tires...anytime someone got too close, just slam on the brakes and watch them test their quick response time. If they ever hit the old Jeep, we didn't care...damn, I miss that Jeep...
sad.gif

discovered a bit of road rage in the early eighties... four wild youths in car [us]... one of them fingered a fellow driver who proceeded to get out at a stop sign and beat on our car windows. he looked like the trainman from Matrix 3 and he was mad about teh fingering. I floored it and the 20 minute chase that ensued is VERY hollywood worthy... high speed on gravel, rocks breakin his headlights, playing chicken on a long stretch, emergency break u-turns. it was nutz... and, yes, I could have killed everybody riding. it was also the wildest ride we'd ever been on in our life hahhaha kids.... we lost the freak by driving onto the grass behind my buddies house in out little suburban neighborhood. we watched him driving around looking for us and he gave up after a while.

another time I was freeway speeding in the Pinto [80s] and a BMW started chasing me. We were flooring it and dodging and weaving around 70mph traffic at 95 for about 2 miles. finally cleared all the traffic, really enjoyed the driving and my foe slowed down next to me. I wondere what his bug was, looked over and he was smiling, laffing and giving me the thumbs up! I bust out laffing cuz i was having fun too and waved back! turns out we were both having a ball!!!
smile.gif

That's it? ? ? Come on! Let's hear more RAGE stories. Must be a ton out there..... or were you the one raging?
biggrin.gif

I'm going ot mke this as shoort as possible.

Went to the neighborhood lot with my son in law to try out his Banshee. I spun it around the lot a few times & saw Ron (SIL) motioning me to run it back into the bed of his truck. Turns out some neighbor was comming out with a bat. Guess I got dust all over his laundry.

I told Ron to get his gun out of his truck (you don't show up to a gun fight with a bat (I hoped)) so the bat guy calls over his budddy with his gun (Yep, welcome to Arizona).

Bat guy swung the bat at me, clipped me in the helmet. I took the bat away from him and was going to introduce the business end to him when the gun guy says, "hit him and I'm going to shoot you." I threw the bat away and Ron defused the situation.

Boy was the adrenaline pumping!

got chased by a group of guys in a suburban in my friends cavalier. ended up toying with them and pulling an e-brake turn at about 40 mph around a median at the last second when they were right behind me..... they tried to make the corner and went in the ditch and smashed up their vehicle..... I don't think I ever laughed so hard.... serves em right.

I dunno man, I mean after reading Mikey-d's, and fstBusa's.... Not sure Most have anything left...
laugh.gif

I did get chased by a 4X4 while riding my dirt bike when I was young... That was funny cause he rolled it over on it's side... (No I didn't Stop) But my Mom called the cops when I got home... Dunno whatever happened, But I know they caught the guy and he got in trouble for trespassing. I had permission to be there...
smile.gif

A fuggin developer tore up my buddie and I's favorite wooded trail area to build high $$ homes and a Golf Course... We Drove his monster Jeep CJ all through that course when it was muddy for about 30 minutes... All 18 Holes and all fairways.... Ruts we left must have been 6" deep at a minimum... We repeated this twice... Let it get muddy, go play on the course...
laugh.gif

We especially enjoyed the big Berms and Hills and stuff, made for excellent Mud Runnin Terrain... Very Satisfying... Kinda took pity on the greens keeper. Though he prolly bought a new car with all the extra Overtime, so it was a win win really.
thumbs-up.gif

What? That's Kinda Road rage...

laugh.gif

a buddy of mine was on the interstate, heading up to see me and he noticed this wild driver a ways behind him passing cars like no tomorrow. well, my buddy minded his own business and started passing a row of cars in the right lane, and this guy got all over his butt honking and gesturing, so my friend slowed down, perhaps to annoy, perhaps to teach this guy patience, and of course other driver gets pissed. after a bit my freind thought all was over, and then freakazoid shows up in rearveiw honking, fingering flashing lights. my friend speed up a bit to put some distance and it did no good as the guy was right on his bumper... so he tapped the breaks. must have caught him off guard, cuz my freind said all he saw was the other guy lock them up, smoke from teh tires, the car fishtail horrible and then into teh ditch he went! I can't say he didn't have that coming.

REV, your Golf "Tour" was a HORRIBLE thing to do! I wish I coulda been a passenger!!!
biggrin.gif

REV, your Golf "Tour" was a HORRIBLE thing to do!   I wish I coulda been a passenger!!!  
biggrin.gif
I believe there are a couple of photos somewhere of a Jeep CJ, Buried about 8" on the 14th Green.... Real steep sides, locked differential...
thumbs-up.gif

Nutther one...

Whist on Suzie in the summer time I wear a camleback. When some yahoo is tailgating me i tend to grab the nozzle , hold it beneathe my right arm and squeeze, there by giving my tailgating buddy a shower.

Well this jerk-off musta had his sunroof open & got a tad bit wet.
blush.gif
He comes up along side of me, screaming & cussing & flipping the bird. He gets in front of me and sticks his hand through the sunroof and give me the long term finger till he drives outta sight.

I laughed my azz off!
laugh.gif

I was going home down 19 in Clearwater..(think 4 lanes..55 speed limit.. people doing 65.... lights every mile or so.. bumper to bumper traffic...people lane changing like race car drivers.. and mix in some elderly retired folk in huge caddies not knowing where they need to turn)

So this guy is behind me doing some mario andretti moves.. the car in front of me sees him and moves over to block him. "Mario" gets mad and starts riding his bumper.. then finds a way in front of him..slams on the brakes and the "blocker" had to swerve a bit. Then the "Blocker" got in front of him and slammed his brakes.  They get to a red light, "Mario" still behind "blocker"..."Mario" gets out goes up to the driver window and proceeds to whoop the guy through the window!!
wow.gif
 The light turns green.. he goes back to his car and they take off like lunatics again.

I just hung back after that and let them get wayyyyyy ahead of me.

I hate traffic.. but that was pretty entertaining.. although I did wonder if I should have called the cops of not.  
rock.gif

But if you want a good road rage story... ask Joker about when he tried to quit smoking!
cool.gif

I think Joker and I have some notes to compare... Did you see my "Rage" Thread from yesterday TKM?
laugh.gif
Oh I am soo cool....
tounge.gif

Back