It was only a matter of time - Conneticut Elementary School Shooting

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
May the PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE shooter BURN IN HELL.

18 children among 27 dead in shooting at Conn. elementary school

It is my worst nightmare, and was only a matter of time before something like this happened. And now that someone's done it once, the likelyhood of a copycat goes up. This has nothing to do with guns, this has to do with the utter moral breakdown of our society.

It was a shooting, it has everything to do with guns. A ******* elementary school :( - wtf is wrong with people?

I'm just sickened to hear this...all I picture are my two sons sitting in a class room when things like this happen. People are just sick...why take out any of your anger or issues on innocent children??

Watching it now. Another COWARD at work. Defenseless children. No reason to do this at all. Prayers for all involved :please::please:. Just sad

I just don't have the words for this... God be with them.

I wonder if there was a School Resource Officer assigned to that location.

What a piece of work, to harm the innocent.
I cant even imagine what those families are feeling!

wow talk about hitting close to home. that town borders mine here in Connecticut where I live in Oxford. its a very small town. school resource officers would not be found in such a small town like this. you can bet this will spark stricter gun laws in our country.

do I think it will have an immediate impact on the gun problems we have? no not immediately. but, I can guarentee u it will the beginning of the end of gun owners rights as we know it. im not saying gun rights will be completely taken away but this will be the beginning of new laws being proposed so buy what you can cause laws will change sooner then later.

the 2nd ammendment is going to be challenged heavily now. the fact is most of these mass shootings that are taking place (schools, malls, movie theaters that dont allow guns, etc...) are not places that the average gun owner will have a gun to defend against these cowards so pro-gun advocates are going to have an up hill battle ahead of them.

right before Xmas to:banghead:. RIP

This is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!! No words for this! :banghead: :banghead:

And I can;t help but notice the only comments are the Yahoo article is people taking this opportunity to say how badly gun control is needed.... And even read many commenst where people actually said that it is the GUNS that kill these people

We can argue about gun control back and forth and what, if any, role guns themselves had in this incident (though lets please confine that to the politics section for all our own well being), but regardless of that, there are no words that can describe the scope of this tragedy...a school shooting is terrible enough on its own, but an elementary school? My thoughts and feelings go out to those 18 families who now face the most terrible of holiday seasons possible. :(:heart-break::down:

Now they have found the shooters parent also Dead in New Jersey

It was a shooting, it has everything to do with guns. A ******* elementary school :( - wtf is wrong with people?

In 2010, 28 Chinese Kindergarten children were stabbed.. It has nothing to do with guns..

We meet many people in our lives. We interact with them, some we call friends, some we don't. Either way, we learn about these people. We figure out what makes them tick, etc. There HAS TO BE clues of this type of behavior in people. You don't just wake up one day and do this..
This is the problem. We as a people need to be aware of these personalities and we need to be able to be given an avenue to do something about it..

This sickens me, and the media sickens me watching this. They are emphasizing how easily available these firearms are, and "glamorizing" the fact that he was "armed to the teeth." Makes me sick.

Sending out my thoughts and prayers to the victims families. This is such a tragedy, have to agree with skydivr, this has nothing to do with guns, this has to do with the utter moral breakdown of our society, worldwide

May they RIP

In 2010, 28 Chinese Kindergarten children were stabbed.. It has nothing to do with guns..

We meet many people in our lives. We interact with them, some we call friends, some we don't. Either way, we learn about these people. We figure out what makes them tick, etc. There HAS TO BE clues of this type of behavior in people. You don't just wake up one day and do this..
This is the problem. We as a people need to be aware of these personalities and we need to be able to be given an avenue to do something about it..

This sickens me, and the media sickens me watching this. They are emphasizing how easily available these firearms are, and "glamorizing" the fact that he was "armed to the teeth." Makes me sick.

Sickens me too. But "now" is the time for people to talk about issues. I know some may disagree. And you don't even have to go back to 2010 - happened again today - China stabbing spree hurts 22 schoolchildren - World - CBC News.

Assault weapons ban didn't work then and won't work in the future. The only way to make sure something like this doesn't happen is to take away ALL guns from private citizens and put them away for life if caught owning one. That will never happen and is unenforceable. Politicians will make political hay to support their continued employment in the "public service" as they get richer. Liberal media will continue to present the news in the way that is most profitable to them and forward their liberal agendas. You cannot prevent what happened today from happening in the future because there will always be mentally ill people who just don't care and give life no value. I for one will get my New Mexico certification for concealed carry and keep my guns loaded in my home to defend myself.

The President just spoke. He managed to politicize it by making comments about gun control "regardless of politics"...

The sad thing is you are treating the symptom/tool (gun), instead of the disease (what made a person so messed up that they could do this)...

The unevitible has happened, turning it into gun politics.

I can't express the sorrow felt for these young children and their families :heart-break:

Back