Romney Releases Tax Data

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Since nobody else has posted it yet, I guess I'll fire THIS shot across the bow...

And remember, this comes from MSNBC

Romney paid 14.1 percent effective tax rate in 2011 - First Read

Guess what, Romney paid taxes EVERY YEAR. He even paid more than he legally HAD to. His effective rate is lower because it's almost all Capital Gain.

Before everyone starts whining about the 14.1% effective rate (which unfortunately is all that about 47% have the brains to understand) he GAVE FOUR MILLION to charity, and paid almost TWO MILLION DOLLARS in tax.

This proves one thing absolutely 100%: Harry Reid is a stinking yellow dog PoS LIAR and should resign immediately.

I have now :stirpot: so we can :argue: some more :)

Now lets think about this...If you were thinking of running for president wouldn't you do this for say...a couple of years prior. Lets look at some older taxes before we start praising.

Read this earlier but didn't have time to bring it to the .org.

Pretty intersting, it also talks about how hes paid something like 26% max in the past 20 yrs.

This crap that reid stirred up is exactly what I was talking about in the tax thread, people hate romney because he is well off, class warfares blowback is on its way

Now lets think about this...If you were thinking of running for president wouldn't you do this for say...a couple of years prior. Lets look at some older taxes before we start praising.

If he pays what is due, what else is owed?!

Yeah, Obama and Romney and every other politician probably pay their taxes..at least on the income they can't hide. I'm pretty sure that, just like any other aspect of a campaign, the candidates ensure that the paper looks good on anything that THEY release. As if they'd release anyting that gave them a black eye. This ain't the first rodeo for either of 'em.

Now, what about GE? Are they paying anything this year or do they get a pass based on credits for moving 2/3 of their operations/jobs overseas...AGAIN?!?!? Flat tax, anyone?
GE Filed 57,000-Page Tax Return, Paid No Taxes on $14 Billion in Profits | The Weekly Standard

Last edited:
Well that's sort of a release. Romney paid too much tax last year but he was running for president and he can still amend his taxes after he loses the campaign and get the credit for the $2 million back next year. So the tax rate is really half the 14.1 %. So again. like so many things around this guy he is full of B.S. We get 10 years from everyone else, he even asked for 10 years from Rayan! He's hiding something because this is too damaging to just take a hit for no reason. There is something in those taxes he doesn't want us to know about and Harry Reid made a great tactical move to keep the light on this rat.

BTW: Doesn't it scare you a little bit that Romney has not worked in almost 10 years while he ran for president and this is the best he can do campaign wise? How capable of a leader can this guy be? how do you run for president for 10 years and not have a platform?

for christ sake since when is a persons tax returns anyones elses frickin business? I dont get it? When did politics become a pissing match of income and sex etc? who gives a chit if they screwed every ***** from here to texas? It doesnt say anything about any of their charachter as we all know they have none. Lets just get this crap over with and move on towards civil war.

Because it's nice to know who a candidate is beholding to before you vote. Since now anyone can dump any amount of money into a campaign without exposing themselves, it's even more important to know where a candidate got his or her money. Candidates have been doing this forever - Romneys father even started the 10 year rule on exposing tax returns. I agree that exposing who a candidate is having sex with is less important, but don't think it would have been nice to know the real John Edwarws when he was a heartbeat from the presidency? Whether or not you can admit Obama did a great job in the early days of his presidency in stabilizing the financial system, imagine if Edwards had won the presidency and then had his affairs hit right in the middle of the financial crisis?

Those things do matter, we as voters do have a right to know what we are getting.

So let me get This straight: the man wrote a check for $4mil to charitable donations and your answer is "well, he could amend his taxes later and get that money back".

Really dude? Do you genuinely think he is THAT guy? I think you need to take a deep breath and do some history checking on Romney and his wife. He's not the devil, I promise. Compare his charitable donations to that of Obama and one could even make the fight that he's MORE for the "47%" when it matters ie HIS OWN BACK POCKET than Obama is ie WORDS. Gauge the two based on their charitable donations %/income and you see what I'm taking about.

Again, Romney is NOT the savior, but he sure as hell can balance a checkbook better than his opposition. :)

Want to look up a really funny one? Look up what 'ole Joe Biden's donations were. Lol.

Obama: 2000-2004 gave less than 1% to charities

Biden: something crazy like .03%

Romney: 13.73% in 2010 and 19.4% in 2011

Yep, he's the devil. LOLOL.

Give the guy SOME credit. He does give back. You may disagree with his business tactics or his opinions, but he seems to give when it matters. Kind of hard to say he hates 1/2 the country with stats like that.

So let me get This straight: the man wrote a check for $4mil to charitable donations and your answer is "well, he could amend his taxes later and get that money back".

Really dude? Do you genuinely think he is THAT guy? I think you need to take a deep breath and do some history checking on Romney and his wife. He's not the devil, I promise. Compare his charitable donations to that of Obama and one could even make the fight that he's MORE for the "47%" when it matters ie HIS OWN BACK POCKET than Obama is ie WORDS. Gauge the two based on their charitable donations %/income and you see what I'm taking about.

Again, Romney is NOT the savior, but he sure as hell can balance a checkbook better than his opposition. :)

All I said is that Romney can still refile for the $2 million he gave and did not claim in 2011. That again is just a fact. He didn't over pay in 2010, so for some reason he decided to give away $2 mil in 2011 (not saying it was the campaign ???) It's not like Romney hasn't both lied and changed his position constantly over the last 10 years of running for president. I'm not saying he is the devil but we have an extensive video record that he lies.

Wake up dude, right now you're thinking like an idiot.

All I said is that Romney can still refile for the $2 million he gave and did not claim in 2011. That again is just a fact. He didn't over pay in 2010, so for some reason he decided to give away $2 mil in 2011 (not saying it was the campaign ???) It's not like Romney hasn't both lied and changed his position constantly over the last 10 years of running for president. I'm not saying he is the devil but we have an extensive video record that he lies.

Wake up dude, right now you're thinking like an idiot.

Idiot? Really?

I'm sure NO ONE can pull up that Obama has ever said contradicting words in his political years. It's politics and it happens. Bush did it, Kerry did it....I think even the great white democratic savior Clinton did it. Cough cough "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

You really felt the need to call me an idiot? You post cynical "we'll, he could still get his money back 2mil later if he wants". I post actual stats but somehow I'm an idiot? Ok, thanks. Just checking.

Ps--he can only get back around 500k by my math. He UNDERSTATED his charitable donations in order to pay a hire % on his taxes. It's not a 1:1 ratio. Of course it was for political gain, no one is an idiot. Even still, people don't see the big picture here. Could you imagine if he would have paid only 9% like he should have by the current tax laws??!! I bet he would have been a real ******* then.....but you do know that he would have been paying 9% on income he's already been taxed in the past....right?.....that's the whole issue.

Have you ever filed your own taxes? Better yet, have you ever filed charitable donations?

That Mitt Romney. Such a **** for understating his actual donations. Someone ought to hang the guy!... :banghead:

One thing I want you to walk away with: when it comes to THEIR OWN WALLET......who cared more for the poor or those that needed help from others? By my reckoning..either pure $$$ or by % it's Romney by a LONG way. And there's not much even the strongest Obama supporter can deny there.

This proves one thing absolutely 100%: Harry Reid is a stinking yellow dog PoS LIAR and should resign immediately.

Really, come on, just say how you really feel :laugh:

Idiot? Really?

I'm sure NO ONE can pull up that Obama has ever said contradicting words in his political years. It's politics and it happens. Bush did it, Kerry did it....I think even the great white democratic savior Clinton did it. Cough cough "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

You really felt the need to call me an idiot? You post cynical "we'll, he could still get his money back 2mil later if he wants". I post actual stats but somehow I'm an idiot? Ok, thanks. Just checking.

Ps--he can only get back around 500k by my math. He UNDERSTATED his charitable donations in order to pay a hire % on his taxes. It's not a 1:1 ratio. Of course it was for political gain, no one is an idiot. Even still, people don't see the big picture here. Could you imagine if he would have paid only 9% like he should have by the current tax laws??!! I bet he would have been a real ******* then.....but you do know that he would have been paying 9% on income he's already been taxed in the past....right?.....that's the whole issue.

Have you ever filed your own taxes? Better yet, have you ever filed charitable donations?

That Mitt Romney. Such a **** for understating his actual donations. Someone ought to hang the guy!... :banghead:

One thing I want you to walk away with: when it comes to THEIR OWN WALLET......who cared more for the poor or those that needed help from others? By my reckoning..either pure $$$ or by % it's Romney by a LONG way. And there's not much even the strongest Obama supporter can deny there.

Ok I do apologize for calling you an idiot. That was wrong.

But Romney is a pathalogical liar and there is no way around that. I can't think of another politician who say absolutely anything to anyone to get what he wants. That is why even the republicans didn't like him and were looking for and luke warm fish to run against him. Heck they even were supporting Newt for awhile, the previously most "trust" challenged republican on the national seen.

PS: Mitt dumps big $$$ into the LDS church in which he holds political position. Obama and Biden live pretty much like you and me money wise right up until Obama's books took off. You are grabbing at straws to think this is an indication that Mitt is a man of the people. The dude is a loser. Big time.

Find me a person who holds a political office who doesn't lie, twist words, and use the buddy system to get where they are and I'll give you the title to my busa.

They are all liars brother.

Ps: Obama does NOT live like you and me and never has. Ayone that is a harvard and columbia grad is not part of the middle class. And you do know before his wife quit, she made well over $300k all by herself? Then again, I'm not hating on any of it! Since when was it bad to have a fat banking account? :)

What my point was, is % of each dollar, Romney gives more away than Obama. Irrelative of how many of those dollars he has, it's relatively a strait forward point. Being his own money, yes, he can give it to whoever he feels the best to give it to.

Ok I do apologize for calling you an idiot. That was wrong.

But Romney is a pathalogical liar and there is no way around that. I can't think of another politician who say absolutely anything to anyone to get what he wants. That is why even the republicans didn't like him and were looking for and luke warm fish to run against him. Heck they even were supporting Newt for awhile, the previously most "trust" challenged republican on the national seen.

PS: Mitt dumps big $$$ into the LDS church in which he holds political position. Obama and Biden live pretty much like you and me money wise right up until Obama's books took off. You are grabbing at straws to think this is an indication that Mitt is a man of the people. The dude is a loser. Big time.

Find me a person who holds a political office who doesn't lie, twist words, and use the buddy system to get where they are and I'll give you the title to my busa.

I don't see how you can support the statement that Obama is a liar. He didn't expect that the republicans would simply say they are going to void the will of the people and stop him on every single issue even when he is agreeing with them. So there are things he didn't accomplish.

No thanks on the Busa. You may need something to cheer you up after the election.:poke:

Maybe Romeney gave alot to charity but is policies (the ones he actually doesn't change depending on the group he is in) are not charitable in any stretch of the imagination.

Back