The Massacre at the Batman Movie in Colorado.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Gunman kills 12 in Colorado movie theater - CNN.com

So let the arguement begin, peacefully.

One guy fairly well trained with his own pistol in a dark movie theatre with folks running crazy all over the place what chance do you give him of making a difference? Reason for more gun control or reason others should have been there to maybe stop him sooner?

Rip to those who died as a result and prayers for all others involved.

So I heard a blip about this on the radio. I clicked the forums app to get the story instead of my AP news app.

It is one of them deals where you never expect things like that to happen. Its sad but it seems like no place is safe anymore. The sad thing is one was only 3 months old :please: Honestly I don't think it could have been stopped. It seems most of these things are well planned and they know it will be no one there to stop them. Here we have police at the theaters but they are never inside the movie. This guy came through an emeg exit and with all the smoke in there I am sure he would killed some and others might have got shot by the police if they had come in. Just sad. Prayers to all

I was up at 03:15 this morning here in Colorado Springs waiting on my 17 year old to return from this movie in the Springs. He came in as I watched him from my bedroom window. I knew of nothing about the shooting at this time. Just minutes after he came in the news hit my iPhone and I was shocked. This really hurts us law abiding citizens with a right to carry. We will never ever by giving up the right to own guns stop crimes and yes, crimes with guns. They will always be there in the hands of the bad guys and thus we should never lose the right to own a gun. What could a man with a CC permit do? I truly believe that if I was there I would put my kids heading in the opposite direction and make my way toward the threat with the intention of stopping him with deadly force. Knowing full well (I/You) would be put in harm’s way not only buy the killer but all the political bull and legal teams that goes with it if you stepped up to defend. Bottom line............ God bless the poor individuals/children and souls that just wanted to watch a movie and paid with their lives.

You GOTTA FIGHT BACK. Maybe you take a life in the ensuing mele, maybe you save some of the 15 already dead, but you GOTTA RIDE TO THE SOUND OF GUNFIRE...

It's really hard to defend a situation where a person is willing to die for their cause. I don't think someone would try and pull a stunt like this around here, too many military and I have no doubt there are a BUNCH of guns in the room...

The radio here just said they have evacuated the guys apartment build after seeing the whole apt he lived in is booby trapped.

Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment! - YouTube[/url]

this is a video of a victim explaining why she was legislated out of defending herself... and why we must carry

Last edited by a moderator:
And people wonder why there are people who carry EVERYWHERE! Like others have posted before, we should ALWAYS have the right to have a weapon. I can't believe this guy had a rifle, shotgun and a handgun! I do believe that there should be an eye for an eye punishment though.

If you have a clean record, take training, and are a U.S. Citizen, you should be able to carry if certified.

So for the ones who say you gotta advance toward the threat and do this or that do you see yourself being able to fight against the tide of crazies going the other way in a dark movie theater which has just had tear gas tossed into it? Just curious. I myself carry for this reason. You never know? But this is not out in the open, a parking lot or store. It was in a dimly lit theater. Some people said initially they thought it was part of the movie and the theater had arranged the Addtl affects. I would like to at least have the option of acting and this is why I carry. Not sure if I would have been able to.

So for the ones who say you gotta advance toward the threat and do this or that do you see yourself being able to fight against the tide of crazies going the other way in a dark movie theater which has just had tear gas tossed into it? Just curious. I myself carry for this reason. You never know? But this is not out in the open, a parking lot or store. It was in a dimly lit theater. Some people said initially they thought it was part of the movie and the theater had arranged the Addtl affects. I would like to at least have the option of acting and this is why I carry. Not sure if I would have been able to.

I agree, but you'd have to try Saiid, i don't think it's in you to run away when you have the training and ability to do something about it.

you didnt bring your night vision just in case...??? come on saiid...i know you have to have one somewhere!! lol

All that planning he did (and was sucessful) in killing civilians, but no plan of escape and was caught. Doesn't make sense. :banghead: I would have thought he would kill himself after.

Ask yourself what do criminals want when they go on shooting sprees? They want a lot of people in close proximity that have little chance to escape. This just reinforces my belief that more people need to carry. CC holders will never be able to stop everything bad from happening, but there is a chance that they can stop it. Would that be worth it to you if the life they save is your own, you families, or a friends? Until the state puts armed police/soldiers in every room of every building I'm going to carry my gun with me. I don't know about you, but I only have one life and I will do everything I can to protect it.

Side note, CBS just interrupted the Price is Right to give an update:banghead::banghead: Give me back my show!!!!!

I had to turn my TV off. Same news now over and over with just speculation.

All that planning he did (and was sucessful) in killing civilians, but no plan of escape and was caught. Doesn't make sense. :banghead: I would have thought he would kill himself after.

Maybe he's just a patsy and was brainwashed? You've seen the movie :laugh:

omg... 71 shot... 12 dead... the equipment this person came armed with is mind boggling (and i dont mean the weapons i have just as many and types..but the balistic armor and tear gas and smoke bombs... is what im saying)... i understand it was not illegal to own or use and i respect that right...but it meant TIME and in all this time...nobody had a concern or it was never discussed?....

Back