What are the Best Security Systems for our homes?

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I figure many have security cameras and I'm looking around and see COSTCO offers some. I could get by with two or four unit system. Need night capabilities so I can see the little SOB's that are coming around at night and get a good picture. I have never owned one and ask what you are using and what you think of it. Many thanks................ :bowdown:

Look at X10 systems on the net.... I have my house set up with their stuff and it works great for me. It saved me last summer when they attempted to force my back door on my house when I was away.

Thanks guys. Got the guns covered and the dog. However, he must not bark at breaking eggs and he is inside the house. The guns want work as I live in the City. I'll look into the X10 and I'm betting they want be back for two nights in a row. I have teens and they both have beautiful girlfriends and very nice cars "inside the garage". I think it's a jalousie thing. I sure have not done anything to anyone in a long time.

whether you have a dog or not most burglars will make entry thru the rear. you should always have a beware of dog sign posted and a very LARGE dog bowl filled half way with dog food with a chain leash with a very LARGE dog collar attached to it.

a would-be burglar will simply go on to the next house when he sees that. he will just assume their is a big dog in the house and burglars dont want to screw with big dogs and arent taking a chance on it being a small one with such a large dog bowl and collar located outside which obviously means the dog is inside the residence.

trust me that is far better then any alarm system or gun will ever be. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure....:poke:

whether you have a dog or not most burglars will make entry thru the rear. you should always have a beware of dog sign posted and a very LARGE dog bowl filled half way with dog food with a chain leash with a very LARGE dog collar attached to it.

a would-be burglar will simply go on to the next house when he sees that. he will just assume their is a big dog in the house and burglars dont want to screw with big dogs and arent taking a chance on it being a small one with such a large dog bowl and collar located outside which obviously means the dog is inside the residence.

trust me that is far better then any alarm system or gun will ever be. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure....:poke:

But as shown in the mayhem commercial, all you need is a big dog bone to bypass the big dog :laugh:

depending on what you would call a perimiter...a car pulling in the drive, a person walking in setting off a motion sensor can ring your door bell / alert you by a light or turn on a train horn...just like any switch / sensor. the brinks / adt or any other service is great while you are away from home / work site. the service alerts to break in / fire...in an effort to minimize loss. most installers will walk through your place to decide how many motion vs window and door sensors to use. you can set up a security system that records + goes to your phone like any web cam for 1500 - 2000 (cameras, sensors, hard drive, lights)

i posted a sign warning of nagging *****ing wife... i can leave the doors unlocked....:laugh:

We have a system called night owl with 7 IR cameras. We bought 2 up graded cameras off eBay for outside.
I think the system was around 500 bux. Can't rember exactly tho.

I have a Vivint system and service with two cameras inside. Droid controllible and easy to use.

American Bulldog the more the better. Rebel Flag, Empty Bush Beer Cans in the front yard a sign that reads I Shoot first and ask questions later.

Common sense goes a long way with thieves. Keep everything secure and covered with light. You'll get bypassed. Can't help on the camera system. Lots of new systems out there , very small, wireless, and great at night. It's good to have good neighbors when you're away also.

Look at the deer hunting cameras too. Motion activated, I think they strobe. If nothing else they will get the punks attention. Pretty cheap.

We have a Blackbox system with 8 cams. It really does come in handy when you want to show something to an officer, they get to see things that others only discribed. Had an officer at the house yesterday looking for a person who was trespassing and looking around obviously at and on personal property and the video helps tremendously.

Also assisted in 2 investigations this past Spring. We live pretty far off the road and in a very good area, but it's funny what you can pick up sometimes.

save some money: get one of them "survelliance in use" signs, some fake security camera's (some look real-solid red light indicating its recording etc).

It depends on the area where you living and how much security you need.But in most area the alarm system or CCTV cameras system are best for the security as you can get the alert when anyone is in that range without your permission.

Back