Sir

tracks

Banned
I notice some of you address some as "Sir" in this forum.
When someone says "Sir" I expect to turn around and see my father there.

Don't ya feel kinda old when someone calls you "Sir"?:laugh:

Nope, I feel respected. Which is what you get around here. Respectful people. :beerchug:

No Sir, sort of force of habit, I suppose...

Sir,

One word of advice. Do not call Vabusa, Ma'am. She gets kinda testy about it:laugh:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

actually i never even noticed if anyone has called me sir. or even if i use it. maybe thats because its early am and im just waking up lol

GsxrBots said:
Nope, I feel respected. Which is what you get around here. Respectful people. :beerchug:

To be honest that's what it is. Respect. I don't think enough people use it these days. I know I use it alot and get funny looks when I do.

Those that I know are military officers (e.g. MCMustang) I will refer to as sir. It is the respectful thing to do.

I might say 'yes or no, sir' when responding to someone because I treat all people equal until given reason to do otherwise.

It is refreshing to interact with people who have manners and earn respect through their actions.

It is a sign of respect given from one person to another. I even say sir and Ma'am to the kids at McDonalds and the gas station. I figure maybe if I show respect they will do the same when interacting with others. Just how I was raised and then trained.

A little politeness goes a long way in promoting a civil society. Think about that guy in the recent thread/vid that shot the neighbor, if he had gone over to the house, and said "Good evening sir, could you tone down the music just a little please?"

Back