delete the post ##### thread

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I've cut back coming here because it is so too slow most of the time for me here in Iowa, on my home PC, work PCs [I work at a major dotcom with a really good pipe], PC friends houses....

Maybe if someone deleted that 32,000 post NO POST WH ORE thread all together, it would free up sort and page create resources, allow a decent defrag/reindex/reorg and speed things back up. Maye archive off everything older than 3 years old? delete all pics above 1meg? swap the flag java for animated gif

just a thought

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103475534 -->

Yeah, this site is always slower for me than other forums I visit. Not complainin', just notin' that yer not the only one experiencin' lag. I'm on DSL so it ain't my connection speed. All the other sites smoke... I have no clue why this one is slower for me.
rock.gif

I thought it was just my PC at home, but in the past month or so I've noticed a significant decrease in site speed.
wow.gif

true, I'm not complainning either, but it's unusable sometimes. I remember the captain mentioning it's becoming cumbersome... maybe it's time to trade up on the software? Some new, easy to manage freeware forum? I don't know squat about IKON board, but there must be something faster. I'm willing to donate time/knowledge in researching...

maybe volentarily getting rid of pic sigs, and smaller AVATARS, purge inactive userids? I don't know

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103475776 -->

OMG
wow.gif

Now just how are people supposed to get their numbers up if there's no postwhore thread?
rock.gif

Are you suggesting that they actually take the time to contribute something usefull to the board?
laugh.gif

oh, we could start a NEW one, just delete the old, LARGE one. i'm sure it's 99% worthless over all, isn't it?
smile.gif

Honestly though...From work the site is pretty slow, but from home it's fine with broadband cable connection. If you purge the 1MB posts, you will also end up losing some very nice picture posts.

I think some of the load time is caused by the time it takes to load all of the linked images for the sigs and pictures. The speed will always be dictated by the slowest server in the chain no matter how streamlined the Captain makes the board.

oh, we could start a NEW one, just delete the old, LARGE one. i'm sure it's 99% worthless over all, isn't it?
smile.gif
It's not ALL worthless. I actually made on online HTML code tutorial in it one night while I was try to reach 1600 posts. Of course, I'll be dammed if I could find it again. It has to be at least 100 pages back.
jump9.gif

What's up Greg? Hope you're doing good. Riding season is over here...It's 7 degrees outside
sad.gif

The sig banners, (at least mine) is located on my webspace. You only download it one time, even if it shows up 100 times you only download it once. At least thats the way I understand it.

Kev

The sig banners, (at least mine) is located on my webspace. You only download it one time, even if it shows up 100 times you only download it once. At least thats the way I understand it.

Kev
On your computer yes, however it has to pull from where it resides on the site to place it on the page.

The fastest thing that you can do it to go to your personal settings and change your configuration so that you dont get all of the signatures, smilies, avatars and the site will load much faster because you are not pulling as much information. I havent had time to go through all of the avatars and sig lines but we have many folks that have uploaded 200k avatars and depending on how you have your cache set up you might be pulling the file every time you come to the site.

Back