Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway
Posted: May 31, 2012 6:39 AM CDT

ROSENDALE, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say a 28-year-old man in upstate New York has been charged with driving his motorcycle at nearly 200 mph on a highway in the rain.

State police say a trooper clocked Anthony Anderson of Poughkeepsie driving at 193 mph around 8 p.m. Wednesday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 87 just south of Albany - the same stretch of road where another motorcyclist was spotted doing 166 mph earlier this month.

The trooper was able to get a description of the high-performance bike and alerted nearby patrols.

Troopers eventually stopped Anderson in the town of Rosendale. He told them he was headed to a hospital to visit a patient.

Anderson was issued 14 traffic tickets, including one for speeding.

It couldn't be immediately determined if he had a lawyer.

Must have been a BMW 1000RR for traction control and ABS....

Wow , thats some serious speed for wet weather riding. Thats faster than any stock bike i reckon.I wonder what he was riding ?

Stories like this always make me wonder how much longer we are going to be able to purchase sport bikes before the government bans them. Hopefully they grandfather in current owners.

As long as there isn't standing water, what's the problem?

I keed, I keed... :laugh:

Stories like this always make me wonder how much longer we are going to be able to purchase sport bikes before the government bans them. Hopefully they grandfather in current owners.

I very much agree with you on this!:banghead:

We have people driving into lakes and drowning while on the cell phone, they still haven't banned phones what makes you think they will ban bikes?

Wow , thats some serious speed for wet weather riding. Thats faster than any stock bike i reckon.I wonder what he was riding ?

I don't know what it was but I bet it was built in 1999 or 2000. :whistle:

masterblaster said:
We have people driving into lakes and drowning while on the cell phone, they still haven't banned phones what makes you think they will ban bikes?

Governments trying to ban sodas larger than 16 ounces in New York, I don't think banning 180+ mph sport bikes is far fetched lol

sounds like the guy should ask for the radar calibration testing reports...193 wasnt done in the wet on anything stock. You'd be hard pressed to get a busa to go that fast on dry roads without decent mods and considering all recent bikes are limited to 186, either he will get more tickets for modifications or he borrowed someone's NHRA drag bike :laugh:

I'm sure he was flying, but it sounds alot like the RC51 ticketed going over 200mph a few years ago.

Back