Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

Images

Default Re: Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

You know what pisses me off about this? It ain't the riding fast in the rain, why did the cop waste so much paper and write 14 tickets instead of just one big ticket

193 in the rain? If I'm him, I'm having my lawyer demand the radar calibration paperwork. Thats a quick way to get out of one (sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by nealio View Post
    193 in the rain? If I'm him, I'm having my lawyer demand the radar calibration paperwork. Thats a quick way to get out of one (sometimes)
    +1, but he'd probably only end up with a slightly cheaper fine with a few mph knocked off at best.
    Sounds like a lost license and a little jail time to me, plus big fines.

Poor guy on the RC51 supposedly brought paperwork to court proving and RC51 is only capable of 150'smph, but the over 200mph charge still stuck. That part was bs, but the courts have no mercy for any speed like that on public roads.

If the road was empty(aside from a cop parked shootin radar), then I feel bad for the guy.
    If he was running by traffic at high speed, then that's what he gets. That's your friends and family, and mine, that are at risk of of being hit and killed by an idiot.
    Christ is Lord

GM of Haya's in the Hills

i have heard folks here telling the judge that they were going faster and that the radar was wrong...thus it gets thrown out completely...
    2006 LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HMF Dual High Mount with polished cans and vector tips,USB PC3,BMC air filter.
    ESD motorsports chrome G3 plateholder
    Diamond Powersport bar tips,Top Gun Undertail
    Ducati 900SS (retired lol)

Hayabusa Immortal

Images

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    We have people driving into lakes and drowning while on the cell phone, they still haven't banned phones what makes you think they will ban bikes?
    Majority oppressing minority happens all the time. A lot of people talk on the phone will driving so getting laws passed against it isn't easy. 200 mph motorcycles aren't that many, you have cagers and then add the other kind of motorcyclist who also hate sport bikes cause they can't see any reason why someone would or should be allowed to pilot a motorcycle that goes close to 200 mph on a public road. Banning, not likely to happen increasing the restriction I can see that happening very easily. You say "screw them I'll just mod it." maybe they will just seize them or put ridiculous size fines for them not being compliant. You think it can't happen, stranger things than that are happening already.
    sixpack577 and red1100cc like this.

Name is Manny

Quote Originally Posted by sixpack577 View Post
    +1, but he'd probably only end up with a slightly cheaper fine with a few mph knocked off at best.
    Sounds like a lost license and a little jail time to me, plus big fines.

Poor guy on the RC51 supposedly brought paperwork to court proving and RC51 is only capable of 150'smph, but the over 200mph charge still stuck. That part was bs, but the courts have no mercy for any speed like that on public roads.

If the road was empty(aside from a cop parked shootin radar), then I feel bad for the guy.
    If he was running by traffic at high speed, then that's what he gets. That's your friends and family, and mine, that are at risk of of being hit and killed by an idiot.
    Here's the thing i have noticed more and more over the years and that I tend to agree with: You cant police or rule people into intelligence. Speeding in the rain: dumb at best....Speeding in the rain to that degree: borderline suicidal....Speeding in the rain, that fast, with other drivers around: Inexcusable....With nice, flat, clear open road i have been known to go well past posted speeds so I really cant knock that. IMHO, it only becomes a problem when it in any way puts anyone else at risk. Just for grins though, I would love to hear the 14 violations to see exactly what they can put on you for going that fast.
    sixpack577 likes this.

Read about it this morning!!! That was pretty stupid!!!!!

Hayabusa Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Stilslo View Post
    Stories like this always make me wonder how much longer we are going to be able to purchase sport bikes before the government bans them. Hopefully they grandfather in current owners.
    ban them? you mean restict their power output or top speed limit from the factory. not gonna happen. they wud hav to ban cars that go that fast to and thats not happening.

even if the power levels or top speed were restricted it wouldnt prevent ppl from buying Turbo kits, N20, big cc kits, etc... and de-restricting the power it makes from the factory with a good tune and ECU unleashed or editor.

RCC Turbo Busa Super Ultra
    POWERHOUSE Motorcycles
    www.Powerhousemc.com
    email: Powerhouseturbo@gmail.com
    (631) 491-6767
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by GNBRETT View Post
    ban them? you mean restict their power output or top speed limit from the factory. not gonna happen. they wud hav to ban cars that go that fast to and thats not happening.

even if the power levels or top speed were restricted it wouldnt prevent ppl from buying Turbo kits, N20, big cc kits, etc... and de-restricting the power it makes from the factory with a good tune and ECU unleashed or editor.
    Hope your right. Wasn't the 186mph gentlemens agreement from the big 4 because they were worried about government restrictions? I could be wrong on that. I just don't want anything coming in the way of that 8 sec gen 3 Suzuki is secretly building

LOL he was "able to get a description" from a standstill of a vehicle goin 193 in the rain at 8pm early dusk... he musta had the detector on KM/H. Guessin the road is fairly straight and the guy doin 166 earlier in the month was spineless.
    sixpack577 likes this.
    1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Blur
    www.reverbnation.com/mistaforty

I would love to hear the 14 violations to see exactly what they can put on you for going that fast.
    i was wondering what 14 they picked as well lol. im thinking he got repeat violations in different counties oro something like that. i can only think of 6 or 7 speed related tix or maybe he had some vehicle violations.
    1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Blur
    www.reverbnation.com/mistaforty

Hayabusa Immortal

Images

And they did not tale him to jail? Or did they? Something sounds funny to me
    Doug C. Playing pool and going FAST (Check out car pics) http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/dCarter53/

Here's the thing i have noticed more and more over the years and that I tend to agree with: You cant police or rule people into intelligence. Speeding in the rain: dumb at best....Speeding in the rain to that degree: borderline suicidal....Speeding in the rain, that fast, with other drivers around: Inexcusable....With nice, flat, clear open road i have been known to go well past posted speeds so I really cant knock that. IMHO, it only becomes a problem when it in any way puts anyone else at risk. Just for grins though, I would love to hear the 14 violations to see exactly what they can put on you for going that fast.
    I agree. Although I have been 150'smph in the rain(with speedohealer, so there abouts)...full leathers and a 2 mile, 2 lane straight away with NO TRAFFIC. Just because. The bike was no different than on dry pavement, any lane change or sudden movement may not have worked so well though; I imagine it would've been better than crashing on dry pavement though.
    Christ is Lord

Hayabusa Master

Quote Originally Posted by mr8ball View Post
    And they did not tale him to jail? Or did they? Something sounds funny to me
    Agreed!!! Or im moving to new york!, Colorado 36mph over is a free trip to the pokey
    2008 Hayabusa
    2005 Roush mustang

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics....

Hayabusa Immortal

reckless operation wud cover all his violations. citing someone with 14 seperate moving violations vs. a misd. summons for reckless sounds retarded. nvr heard of any cop doing that

RCC Turbo Busa Super Ultra
    POWERHOUSE Motorcycles
    www.Powerhousemc.com
    email: Powerhouseturbo@gmail.com
    (631) 491-6767
    Frank

GODSPEED RACING

BIG DUMMY !!
    second place is just a name for the first loser

Goldenchild/@ Cloud Nine built 1397 motor 198 RWHP 244 w/NOS. 3-9" Thompsons arm, BMC Filter, Adjustable Rear Links, 1" Reapers Risers, HID Low beam, Leo Vince full TI , Pusher clutch cover, Airtech Tank and extended tail. Over 55,000 miles and 39 states.

Hayabusa Immortal
    Images

Name:  220px-Shaggy-wasn_t-me.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  14.7 KB
    {0,0}
    l)__)
    -"-"-
    ORLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster Rider007 View Post

Name:  220px-Shaggy-wasn_t-me.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  14.7 KB
    So, what were the 14 tickets you got?
    Christ is Lord

It had to be a Kawi 250. Just geared a little more. Maybe turbo charged and nitrous

Anderson was issued 14 traffic tickets, including one for speeding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast