Zimmmerman to be charged with 2nd degree murder

This is the biggest load of crap ever. - The people who still insist that Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were innocent will be the same ones hysterically denouncing Zimmerman and demanding capital punishment.

If Obama wasn't in the White House/this wasn't an election year, this would never have happened.

I gaurantee u if trayvon was killed by black on black crime......we wouldnt even know who he is. Just my opinion

The thing that gets me is he will never have a fair trail because they will never be able to find a jury that doesn't already have some kind of feelings about this already.

I just want it to stop being front page news, this is as political as it is anything else and there are FAR better things to be reported by any/all news outlets. Sadly, I agree if this was a case of black on black crime we probably would not have heard much about it, I wonder if it would even have made the national news. Its been sensationalized to the extremes from race to legality to gun control and anything else you can think of but the facts are what they are....and I would bet anyone outside of the dead guy and Zimmerman really are just guessing...certainly none of us knows what really happened. Its just one more fine example of how this country is circling the bowl and the new media and their political agendas are leading the charge. :banghead:

I offer for example, CNN's front page at the moment. This Zimmerman crap is all over the front page, along with other seemingly less important stories. What is missing you ask? How about the story about the soldiers that lost their lives today in a helicopter crash, no mention about the economy or how the jobless rates were actually pretty poor and drove the market into a slide.

At the end of the day, sad as it sounds, I have better things to worry about than if one guy should have killed some other guy. If that was my biggest concern, man life would be so AWESOME right now :whistle:

cnncrap.jpg

Ok one shooting makes national news because of a supposed race issue but “Grandma, I’ve Been Shot” Said Girl Hurt In Gang Related Mass Shooting « CBS Miami NORTH MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Fourteen people have been shot and two are dead in what may be one of the worst mass shootings in South Florida history. Only makes the local news? Oh wait I see 14 people shot isn't national news because it's just gang violence with innocent by standers which were not wearing hoodie's or carrying a bag of skittles. Were is the leader of the New Black Panther Party to put hits out on the gang banger on national tv? Where is ALL the public out cry for their arrests? "No arrests have been made." But lets hang Zimmerman.

"We do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition. We prosecute based on the facts on any given case as well as the laws of the state of Florida," Corey said.

LOL. Yeah, and that's why they did a 180 on not charging him with anything at all, and brought in a special prosecutor...:whistle:

no mention about the economy or how the jobless rates were actually pretty poor and drove the market into a slide.

Of course not. - Obama and his media fluffers don't want his supporters to learn the facts of his "Presidency", e.g. far from creating jobs, he is presiding over the largest number of out-of-work Americans in history. Record 87,897,000 Americans Not in the Labor Force
The real unemployment rate is 19.1%!

I can not believe the blind alliegence to a guy who shot and killed an unarmed kid. Take Trayvon and race out of this and substitute your kid. I think you'd want someone to figure out how your unarmed kid who wasn't doing anything ended up getting gunned down. Ahhh... but your kids dead and won't even be able to tell his side or defend himself. Do you think for a second that Zim would have taken the same actions had he seen a white man in a business suit carrying a brief case - I don't know but it makes me think.

Thank God someone is going to take the killing of an unarmed kid seriously and at least make the guy defend his actions in a court of law.

On a side note... I think that they must have fairly compelling evidence or I don't think they would have charged 2nd degree murder as man slaughter would have been a much easier legal hurdle to prove.

In the end - this case is about the proper use of deadly force in the context of self defense doctrine, concealed carry and 2nd amendment rights. And whether citizens can be "trusted" to make prudent descisions when carrying deadly weapons. I think this guy abused our rights and priviledges.

Prosecutor did say they have to have a certain percentage of conviction before charges are filed, or something like that. They were most likely reviewing precedent setting cases as well as the outcomes of them to see what the end result was.

I gaurantee u if trayvon was killed by black on black crime......we wouldnt even know who he is. Just my opinion

And that itself is wrong.

The thing that gets me is he will never have a fair trail because they will never be able to find a jury that doesn't already have some kind of feelings about this already.

Was it fair that this man chased down another man and shot and killed him? Was it fair that they didn't even take time to try and find if it was foul play? Here is the facts the public know:

Zimmer called 911 about a suspicious person.
Zimmer gets out and follows this person.
Zimmer gets into fight with this person.
Person ends up dead and Zimmer said it was self defense.

And if any of you wonder why a jury might already have some type of feeling from those facts then I have no comment for you. But I still don't think they will convict him because all they really have is his word saying it was self defense.

I think you'd want someone to figure out how your unarmed kid who wasn't doing anything ended up getting gunned down.

1) You don't know that Trayvon "wasn't doing anything". Given his history, I would say it is a certainty that he was looking for likely houses to break into.

2) Zimmerman had no way of knowing if Martin was armed. He did, however, know that he was being attacked by some one a lot taller and stronger than him, whom he then shot.

Do you think for a second that Zim would have taken the same actions had he seen a white man in a business suit carrying a brief case

Wah, wah, wah, yet another lame attempt at playing the race card/emotionalising the issue. However, since you ask, no, Zimmerman probably wouldn't have been concerned that a man of any colour whatsoever in a business suit, carrying a briefcase, was up to no good. But I damn sure would be suspicious of someone skulking around a neighbourhood in the rain, at night, wearing a hoodie.

EDIT: I'm certain that Zimmerman is going to be totally stitched up on this BS charge...but if he is acquitted, I'm going to organise a Skype party to celebrate.

I can not believe the blind alliegence to a guy who shot and killed an unarmed kid.

Racial hatred and intolerance is everywhere, including among .oRg members. Just reading the hate-filled posts by some of the extremist neocon's in the other SYG thread (and, this thread as well) will clearly demonstrate this.

Spread the Hate! :banghead:

Okay, I've been silent on this one, and here goes.

We will NEVER know the other side of this story. Only God and Zimmerman knows..

We are jumping to conclusions even based on race which "shouldn't" have anything to do with this.

We are using this "kid's" past as evidence that he was doing something wrong. Zimmerman couldn't have possibly known his past when he approached him.

We are letting ourselves turn this into a race problem.

I for one believe that Zimmerman should be charged. I don't care if Trayvon was a thug gangbanger fresh out of prison. The main point of this situation is that if Zimmerman would have just walked away, or stayed on the phone with the cops and just followed him in his car, NONE of this would have happened. I'm a concealed carry license holder, and I'm known as a Conservative person, but the law is the law. No matter what your race, color, size, body odor levels, job status, etc, if you go out chasing after someone and they defend themselves, you can't claim self defense when you shoot them. Period.

My biggest grip about this is the way the officials are trying to divide the population on this. Same thing happened with O.J. There are WAY more important topics in America right now. Yes I'd be thinking differently if Trayvon was my child, and I don't want this to NOT be news, but I don't want it to be racially biased news nor do I want people rioting, looting, burning crosses over the death of my son.

if you go out chasing after someone and they defend themselves, you can't claim self defense when you shoot them.

But that appears to not be what happened. Witness accounts have verified what Zimmerman said, which is that Martin approached and attacked him.

The thing that most pi$$es me off in this whole situation is how its come down to race. U got these piece of $&#t ppl like al sharpton and jesse jackson trying nothing more than to rile people up. I listened to an interview with the new black panthers talking about how there is gonna be a race war and how black people wont hesitate to kill crackers and honkies and pigs. George zimmerman is primarily HISPANIC, granted he has some caucasian in him, but its just become ridiculous. Is it a tragedy that a young man had to die, yes. Is it a tragedy that in america in this situation george zimmerman is guilty until proven innocent, yes. Will he ever get a far trial, no. It really is sad how the media has played out in this situation. And further more is it right for the black panthers to put a bounty on his head and none of them got arrested.

Furthrr more if the black panthers want to start killing whiteys......this is one honky that they dont wanna come after

But that appears to not be what happened. Witness accounts have verified what Zimmerman said, which is that Martin approached and attacked him.

If that were totally true, Trayvon would have been shot from a car...

The main rule with self defense is to find a way OUT of the situation. Shooting should be the last thing you do. Trayvon couldn't have attacked Zimmerman if he was still in his car talking to the police.

That's just the way I see it, but I know Florida laws are way different than Wisconsin laws. I'd have been in jail for the past few weeks here if I was Zimmerman..

Racial hatred and intolerance is everywhere, including among .oRg members. Just reading the hate-filled posts by some of the extremist neocon's in the other SYG thread (and, this thread as well) will clearly demonstrate this.

Spread the Hate! :banghead:

Yea this is clearly obvious with the one above you!

I think I'm going to try as best as I can to stay clear from topics like this because some people aren't very good at concealing their deep rooted racist opinions. It's one thing to have an honest unbiased opinion about something but if you scan through some .org members previous post you can CLEARLY see how they feel about people of color.

I'm so glad I wasn't raised in a racist family. I treat EVERYONE as an equal regardless of race, creed, color, sex. sexual orientation, religious beliefs and age.

It feels good knowing I can walk down the street and love people just the way they are.

Back