Spiders in the shed

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
I went to get the busa out of the shed today and found this wolf spider in the process.  For some reason I've always been a little scared of spiders, so I decided to face my fears head-on.  I think I've been watching too many episodes of Fear Factor!  I love reptiles (snakes especially), but have always had problems with arachnids because I am ignorant to which ones bite, which ones are poisonous, etc.  Does anyone know if wolf spiders bite?  If so, I got away lucky.  
smile.gif
 My 7 year old son think I'm crazy now.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

You're nuts! I fuggin' HATE spiders!
eek2.gif

Btw, here's the low down on Wolf Spider bites...

Toxicity

Symptoms of a Wolf spider bite are usually minor, restricted to local pain or itchiness. Less commonly, symptoms can include swelling, prolonged pain, dizziness, rapid pulse and nausea.
First Aid

Seek medical attention if symptoms persist. [/QUOTE]

Yikes! I thought I'd heard they could bite, but this guy wasn't moving much due to the cold. I wouldn't have held him if it was warm and he was moving quick. I'll stick with snakes from now on.

Warbrown RELAX, BULLETTRAIN The Australian Version of a WOLF spider is a bit different than the US!!!!
laugh.gif

Wolfs will bite but only if pushed... But then this is true of most any spider... they only bite when they feel threatened...

Warbrown RELAX, BULLETTRAIN The Australian Version of a WOLF spider is a bit different than the US!!!!
laugh.gif

Wolfs will bite but only if pushed... But then this is true of most any spider... they only bite when they feel threatened...
Whew! Ok then. I could just see warbrown's fuggin' arm meltin' off at the elbow er somethin'...
biggrin.gif

thumbs-up.gif
You made me say "WTF!" I had allways thought wolfs would hurt, But no real damage...

So then I noticed it was an Australian website, I felt much better, Hell everything in Australia will kill your ass...
cool.gif

I like spiders but I won't let them crawl on me! All spiders bite, some are just bader than others, unless you happen to be allergic to them. Good luck with your new friend!
wow.gif

Cool looking spider...

Up here in the ~used to be great~ Northwest we have a little bugger called the Hobo spider. Many folks mistakenly call them Brown Recluse because they look quite similar, but most of the Brown Recluse spiders live down in Diesel's neck of the woods.

The Hobo bite is equally nasty though. We find them running around on the floor between around July to September. They'll just dart across the carpet or across the kitchen floor...

The wolf spiders we have up here are not dangerous; in fact, they're a beneficial spider to let hang around because they'll kill Hobos and other nasty wee beasties.

So Rev - when you folks move up to Seattle, study up on the Hobo and leave the wolf spiders alone. The Seattle area is Hobo spider Mecca...
biggrin.gif

Steve

Yeah I have heard about that... I'm not happy bout it either... And wanting a house out in the woods will only make the problem worse... I general "Catch and Release" any spiders I find in the house. I relocate them to areas where I need more pest control, usually out back along my sliders.

I have done some reading on the HOBO I just wonder how common they are and how often they come in contact with humans. I do know that fortunatly they frequently do no inject their venom and just "dry" bite... So I guess that is a bonus...

Hell I lived with fuggin 6" Camel Spiders in Saudi for 6 months, I can deal with a Hobo...
laugh.gif

Your nuts just handlin a knarly lookin spider like that without knowing for sure!
wow.gif

the only spider i like is spider-man you wont catch me fuggin with those damn things . just got all itchy just lookin at those pics

Spiders don't really bother me, but I don't get that close to 'em either.  Snakes on the other hand . . . forget about it! Nice pics though.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102248093 -->

Yeah I have heard about that...  I'm not happy bout it either...  And wanting a house out in the woods will only make the problem worse...  I general "Catch and Release" any spiders I find in the house.  I relocate them to areas where I need more pest control, usually out back along my sliders.

I have done some reading on the HOBO I just wonder how common they are and how often they come in contact with humans.  I do know that fortunatly they frequently do no inject their venom and just "dry" bite...  So I guess that is a bonus...

Hell I lived with fuggin 6" Camel Spiders in Saudi for 6 months, I can deal with a Hobo...  
laugh.gif
Yeah I used to run into those things when we were doing exercises in Cairo. Nothing like seeing one of those fuggers jump up out of the sand and come running towards you accross the flight line. Nasty lookin' but not dangerous...

camelspider.jpg

Back