why the hate?

labrocha

Registered
Just started riding again in May after twenty years or so, and I can't believe the looks and the no looks from Harley Davidson riders. As a motorcyclist and enthusiast I would wave, but as of today, no more, it's just a waist of time, like this morning on the way to work (6:20AM) I happen to pull up at a stoplight on my 08 Orange and Black next to a Steven Segal look alike, with his hands hoisted towards the sky reaching for his throttle and clutch. I knod my head, a friendly good morning gesture, to be totally ignored, it's not that my feelings are hurt, it's not that it happenes 99% of the time, it's just plain childish. I Guess it is the Japanese Motorcycle thing. Wonder how many Japanese cars are parked in their driveways while they're riding that Harley, and not to mention the Japanese atv's they probably ride when they're not. Can't we all get along!!!!!! :learn:

Wave anyway and set the example. I've been on my Harley, and not gotten a wave back from other Harley's OR sportbikes.....

If ya really want to get em if they dont wave back really really start waving, my brother and i started doing this, think it embarrass's em :laugh:

Wave anyway and set the example. I've been on my Harley, and not gotten a wave back from other Harley's OR sportbikes.....

Same experience here (also have a Road King in addition to the Busa)...heck, I have been snobbed by guys on scooters (seriously). I choose to NOT let anyone on anything faze me and I wave because I want to without expecting a wave back.

OP: You have noticed the regular Harley bashing on this forum, right?.

I think they are afraid to let go of the handlebar to return the gesture :whistle:. I could care less if I get a wave back, I do it for me and my show of respect and support for the 2 wheel passion.

No Harley bashing here, I have seen tons of sweet harleys, and some day I might even own one. It's not the Motorcycle, it seems that is what the majority of the riders feel towards a Japanese Motorcyle owner. i just wanted your reactions to this subject. It's just commentary, believe me, alot cooler stuff to chat about .

the problem is not the Harley Rider it's the rider they come on all machines :laugh:

Me I don't wave unless waved to, and I never pull up next to another rider even at a light. I never violate the space of a fellow rider he is entitled to that whole lane even when stopped. :rulez:

Wave if you want. I go through the ups and downs from these jerks for the same thing. Once off the bike and in their work attire, it is hard to tell one dirtbag from another. Don`t wave for a month then wait till its initiated. Rattle trap pricks.

no offense to anyone but when I ride I keep my hands on the handle bars and dont wave to anyone. this part of the country has pot holes you could disappear in....:banghead: but I still get a kick out of all the HD riders waving to EVERY single bike that passes him that isnt a sport bike.:whistle:

it really is corny and I could care less who waves to me or not actually. especially since I dont know any of them. I dont wave to strangers in my car so I just dont feel inclined to do so when on my bike. but thats just me I guess.???

Ok...........First of all I am not a Harley Hater. They have some nice bikes and I think they are a great company. However............Most of the Poser's that ride one get a Douchebag Certificate that is required for New Ownership. They will NEVER wave at you because they are probably TOO DRUNK to raise a hand off the Brake or there in fear of loosing control and Crashing........Thus Loosing there Certificate :banghead:

On the other hand there are Veteran Harley Riders that will raise a Hand or Finger at anyone that Waves to them. They are true BIKERS and Enjoy the Feel of the Open Road and Truly Respect the fact that you are Riding a Motorcycle :bowdown: These kinda guys I truly love passing because at the the next stop. They have the Balls to come up to you and say what a Nice bike you have :thumbsup:

"Rubber Side Down" :rulez:

The way I see it is that if they are upset by me waving then more power to them. They the ones who have to live with a ruined day from a kind gesture.

I've only had a few bikers wave or nod at me first, here in England, I always nod and 99% of the time I get a nod back.
I nod at anyone riding a bike from a scooter up.

If ya really want to get em if they dont wave back really really start waving, my brother and i started doing this, think it embarrass's em :laugh:

Me and my buddy do this. Lol we freak out waving and going nuts just for the hell of it. I personally wave to anyone on two wheels. To me its always been a shared passion with anyone who does it.

(Tapatalk)

I like to wave from a distance and if that doesnt work.....i give them the your number one sign. Most the time I get some sort of wave after that lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I wave. If the other guy/girl feels like waving, that's pretty cool. If they feel like maintaining the pose, that's cool too. I'm not up in their grill. They're not up in mine. In a minute we're gonna be off and on to the rest of our lives. Seems like getting along just fine to me. :)

It's the same every where with the HD riders. Some I have road with and they will not wave at me when I see them later. O well, I still enjoy the time I ride and have learned that that is just who they are. When they don't wave just smile and have a great day. Thats what I do anymore.

I will wave ... couldnt care less if they wave back,, but whats with these harley guys posing,,, imean most of them i see their head tilted to one side and a little lip snear going on,, almost like a growling dog...... my best experience was me and a buddy stopped for coffees, he wet into the crapper but mean while two hard core office harley guys with their two day scruff and their live to ride patches walked in with their arms out wide and a stance of they own the place.. My buddy came out of the crapper and walked right through them. now he is 6'4 250 and with his gear on he looks huge. those guys arms didnt stick out quite as far after that. we just sat there and laughed

Back