Any Laker fans?

busa186

Registered
Looks like we just got Chris Paul!! To bad we gave Lamar Odom but now we are on our way to get Howard!!

That's crap. I thought that was the best deal for the hornets. This is just stern looking like an idot trying to show that is CBA was a good move. They want to make the nba as close to equal as possible. Guess what... its not going to work. big market teams always get big market players. the hornets have been owned by the nba since last year and NOW the owners want to step in so the lakers dont get better? Mo one cares is cp3 stays or goes.... haters gonna hate

That deal sucks anyway. Paul is good but what made the Lakers hard to deal with was their BIG men. Most teams couldn't handle their size. Without their two big men they aren't going to be good. You must remember that the reason they won that championship was because of Gasol

That deal sucks anyway. Paul is good but what made the Lakers hard to deal with was their BIG men. Most teams couldn't handle their size. Without their two big men they aren't going to be good. You must remember that the reason they won that championship was because of Gasol

The reason they lost year was because of gasol. Put Howard down low. Kobe on the wing and cp3 on ball.. game over. The aggressive gameplay of Kobe and cp3.. that is a tough back court.

Your right about that 3 player combo BUT until you get rid of Mike Brown the Lakers aren't going to win another Championship.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I can't stand how he would win coach of the year. All he would do is run "give the ball to LeBron and see what happens" play.

Kobe has never really played out side of the triangle. His assists are going to go up... or (most likely) his turn o era are going to go up... unless they bring in a quality point guard. I like fish, but he is old and slow.

I agree with you on Fisher and it's time for new blood. The NBA needs to sell the Hornets and stay out of ownership.

As for Mike Brown, I remember watching the Cavs in the playoffs. During timeouts the assistant coach drew up the plays while Brown looked on. He can talk a good game but I can't respect a coach who can't call his own plays.

So... are they going to block the Dwight Howard to the Nets trade? I seen the Paul is putting together a lawsuit and the trade is under review. We will see..

So... are they going to block the Dwight Howard to the Nets trade? I seen the Paul is putting together a lawsuit and the trade is under review. We will see..

I guess it depends is Dan Gilbert thinks it's a bad deal, apparently he was the one who got all upset about the initial trade.

Text of Dan Gilbert email to David Stern - ESPN

ESPN.com
The following is an email from Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to NBA commissiner David Stern. It was obtained by a number of news outlets.

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn't appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don't see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise...

Dan G.

Back