Anybody watching the show 'Moonshiners'?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
This is a cool show. You've got the camera crew out in the woods with this guy and his son building their illegal still showing their face in tv with no problems. Then other camera crew is out with Virginia law enforcement trying to catch same guy other crews are with. Last night the father and son and friend were way out in the woods fixing to light his still when he got a call. He was like 'crap I gotta go!'.
He runs up the trail hops in his pickup and leaves. Guess where he had to go? To put out a fire, he's a volunteer fireman! :rofl: It shows him next to engine putting on his fireman suit getting ready to go out and then call got canceled. He took off his suit and went back to the woods to light the still because he had to make a hundred gallons of liquor before the morning :)

Busa Jules where you at? I know you gotta be watching this.

Tim is the dad, distiller and vol fireman.
Tickle is well just a shine spokesman :)

recorded it the other night. really liked it. didnt know moonshine was still so popular. it reminds me of Columbian drug dealers and how their always lookn for an area to cook up some product out in the woods or meth labs out west.

they actually seem like decent people but im sure they would kill you in a heartbeat if it meant going to jail.

Entertaining show but a complete setup. Both sides know who each other are and the distillers can be prosecuted with the video. Get technical and the camera crews are accessories.

Good shine is hard to find in my neck of the woods. Lots out there but most isn't worth using for paint stripper!!

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

But Bret they got Popcorn on there. :)

My grandparents have a home in Maggie Valley. I met him once years ago at his home/museum kinda thing he's got set up. Real American hero rat thar!

Entertaining show but a complete setup. Both sides know who each other are and the distillers can be prosecuted with the video. Get technical and the camera crews are accessories.

Good shine is hard to find in my neck of the woods. Lots out there but most isn't worth using for paint stripper!!

thats incorrect about the camera crew. video taping does not make you an complicit to the crime. they are journalists and simply documenting.

could the police use the film to prosecute? maybe but unlikely. you need to have actual proof that the substance they are brewing up actually is what they say it is. video taping someone growing marijuana would not get someone placed in jail unless you had the actual product. I think a case could be made for imparing the morals of a minor. that I would agree with but I dont see that happening.

not to mention the police welcome shows like this because it exposes these people and the crimes they engage in and educates others. but I see ur point and ur right there not wearing a disguise. there is nothing setup about it tho.

thats incorrect about the camera crew. video taping does not make you an complicit to the crime. they are journalists and simply documenting.

could the police use the film to prosecute? maybe but unlikely. you need to have actual proof that the substance they are brewing up actually is what they say it is. video taping someone growing marijuana would not get someone placed in jail unless you had the actual product. I think a case could be made for imparing the morals of a minor. that I would agree with but I dont see that happening.

not to mention the police welcome shows like this because it exposes these people and the crimes they engage in and educates others. but I see ur point and ur right there not wearing a disguise. there is nothing setup about it tho.

It a father teaching his son a family tradition man!
Two hunnerd year ole'. :laugh:

My only real dislike is they showed them shooting an old car hood with an ar15.
It portrayed them as a bit drunk, tickle def seemed like he was and here they are out with a rifle shooting.
Alcohol and guns don't mix.

could the police use the film to prosecute?

Hmmm....funny how video is used everyday to prosecute crimes from traffic violations to murder. Sometimes being the only evidence.

Never the less I am waiting on my portion of homemade wine as my last jug of shine is all but gone:whistle:

They're filming alot of that about 20 minutes from my house, I know the area:laugh:
Did you see the Pittslyvannisa county sign on the old building the cops said was a drop off? That's the old Lane furniture factory in Rocky Mount, and right down the road from the Franklin county line...aka the moonshine capital of the U.S.
They make good stuff:laugh:

They're filming alot of that about 20 minutes from my house, I know the area:laugh:
Did you see the Pittslyvannisa county sign on the old building the cops said was a drop off? That's the old Lane furniture factory in Rocky Mount, and right down the road from the Franklin county line...aka the moonshine capital of the U.S.
They make good stuff:laugh:

So are you volunteering to be the org hookup?? I will take 5 gallons!!

If I'm not mistaken in nc you are still legally aloud to make it for only personal consumption. The show did make me realize I need a quart or two :D

So are you volunteering to be the org hookup?? I will take 5 gallons!!

If only it were that simple.:laugh:
A still got busted in a hidden concrete celler under a barn in Franklin county around ten years ago.
The still had been ongoing for a long time. They also could only be charged will the moonshine that was taken during the police raid...which was 25,000 gallons. At the time it was $15 to $25 a gallon, do the math, and that's only what they were caught with:thumbsup:
Our government in everyone's pocket, illegal because they can't tax it.
Shine on!:beerchug:

Back