I'm thinking of moving to Phoenix ?

MR Felt

Registered
I was in Phoenix last month, the weather was awesome ( I know about the heat) it is 9 degrees here ( the midwest) and while I make good money here, the guy who I have worked for, for the last 12 years told one of my co-workers " I can replace you with a 5.00 and hour monkey". No loyalty here.
I work at an auto repair shop and I sell repair and auto maintenance.

It looks like there are bargains to be had in the Phoenix area. Search Phoenix Homes For Sale - Arizona MLS - Property Listings

Several in this area, ( not a good sign?) and I haven't really searched properties yet.
Can I find a job? , how much are electric bills per month when it is hot? It is a scary decision to make.

So I need some info, encouragement, or should I stop this before it gets going??

I was there too, for the Month of October. I have mixed feelings MR.Felt; I have kids in grade school at this time so that is prob. the biggest NO factor for me. The polution and traffic are hideous. Quite a few areas have high crime rate (any big city?). Housing, food and electric rates are comparable to where I`m at now. I have heard of some areas (newer developements) that have rediculously high water bills. In a few areas I visited I got to experience what it must be like to be a `minority`.
I don`t know, but with a high temp. here today of 23 degrees and not a ray of sunshine the weather down there would be a plus.
I guess if I were a single guy, I would consider living there again provided I could get that $40.00+ an hour job. ( I lived there from `82-`91)
Good luck, hope others can help you decide better???

I guess it is nice, if you like living on the surface of the Sun.

You need to go through a summer there to get the real deal.

I live in FL and the summers last forever. The heat and humidity wear you out.

AMEN brother! I'm heading back there for Christmas in a few days....the ONLY months I go back are December and January!

Rio

Ask about the kidnappings, rattle snakes, drug dealers. Hot, did I mention it is hot there? The yearly dust bowls. No thanks.

I guess it is nice, if you like living on the surface of the Sun.
funny but its better then living on the surface of the moon....:poke: shorts and a tank tops is something I could warm up to.:goodidea: freezing ones ass off just sux ballz. not to mention one can cool off in the reservior with a boat or take a dip in the pool when its hot. 110 degrees in the shade doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling either but anything is better then the freezing cold.

Man, I love Phoenix and I love Arizona. We'd move back there in a heartbeat. My wife and I hope to retire there someday, maybe Prescott, maybe somewhere else. Arizona is a state of mind. :thumbsup:

I was in Phoenix last month, the weather was awesome ( I know about the heat) it is 9 degrees here ( the midwest) and while I make good money here, the guy who I have worked for, for the last 12 years told one of my co-workers " I can replace you with a 5.00 and hour monkey". No loyalty here.
I work at an auto repair shop and I sell repair and auto maintenance.

It looks like there are bargains to be had in the Phoenix area. Search Phoenix Homes For Sale - Arizona MLS - Property Listings

Several in this area, ( not a good sign?) and I haven't really searched properties yet.
Can I find a job? , how much are electric bills per month when it is hot? It is a scary decision to make.

So I need some info, encouragement, or should I stop this before it gets going??

pics of the house are missing the most important room of all :D GARAGE - great price makes me wonder about area or economy as a whole probably worth researching
dry heat you can get use to
humidity can get old Real Quick IMO

Dry because theres no beach. :laugh:
Whaddya mean, no beach. I've got oceanfront property up Mojave County. Just waiting for the San Andreas Fault to do its job. :laugh:

The only real disappointment with Phoenix is the motorcycling. Sure you can ride most of the year, but it's not that interesting compared to the east coast, CA, or even much of the Midwest. Here are some directions for you: go south for ten miles in a straight line, turn right 30 degrees, go straight for 22 miles, make a 90 degree left turn, go dead straight for 19 more miles. Seriously, the roads are that boring. The mountains can be fantastic, but there will only be one loop for you to make and it takes you 90 minutes to get to the interesting parts, there are only one or two loops to do, then 90 minutes back. Off roading is great. Flying airplanes is great. But I practically gave up motorcycling other than "cruising" rides in Phoenix.

I still love Arizona as much as anyplace I've ever lived. Great place.

Whaddya mean, no beach. I've got oceanfront property up Mojave County. Just waiting for the San Andreas Fault to do its job. :laugh:

The only real disappointment with Phoenix is the motorcycling. Sure you can ride most of the year, but it's not that interesting compared to the east coast, CA, or even much of the Midwest. Here are some directions for you: go south for ten miles in a straight line, turn right 30 degrees, go straight for 22 miles, make a 90 degree left turn, go dead straight for 19 more miles. Seriously, the roads are that boring. The mountains can be fantastic, but there will only be one loop for you to make and it takes you 90 minutes to get to the interesting parts, there are only one or two loops to do, then 90 minutes back. Off roading is great. Flying airplanes is great. But I practically gave up motorcycling other than "cruising" rides in Phoenix.

That is kind of like motorcycling where I live.

pics of the house are missing the most important room of all :D GARAGE - great price makes me wonder about area or economy as a whole probably worth researching
dry heat you can get use to
humidity can get old Real Quick IMO

From what I can tell , most of the garages are going to be two car and no extra room. But I will let the wife's car sit outride and the work bench and air compressor will take up what I want. She wants to downsize for less debt, I will trump the garage

That is kind of like motorcycling where I live.
Where are you, Indiana or Kansas? Maybe Arizona will be an improvement!

About the heat, think of summer in Arizona like winter in the north. You stay inside when it's worst out, run to your car, and run back to the building. The big difference is, in Arizona in summer, the evenings are terrific and you don't need boots and hats and gloves and all that winter crap. No snow to shovel. And if you miss the snow, you can drive two hours north to the high country in winter. Works good for getting out of the heat in summer too, and there are a million free places to camp in the tall pine forests.

What part of arizona u go. I can show u some of the most breathtaking roads in the country. phoenix is the fifth largest city in the country of course we have our problems. Mr felt when u come back out my wife is a real estate agent and I can give u a COMPLETE tour of what phoenix and arizona has to offer. I moved here from kansas and lemme tell ya I love it. Hiy me up if u wanna find out how great this state truly is

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

What part of arizona u go. I can show u some of the most breathtaking roads in the country. phoenix is the fifth largest city in the country of course we have our problems. Mr felt when u come back out my wife is a real estate agent and I can give u a COMPLETE tour of what phoenix and arizona has to offer. I moved here from kansas and lemme tell ya I love it. Hiy me up if u wanna find out how great this state truly is

Might be better in the northwest of Phx, but less other stuff to do out that way. Mesa would be good to. I was thinking about the south onto the rez. The real thing is there just isn't the density of roads like you have here in the eastern US, so there are fewer loops you can make up.

But I would LOVE to ride with you, bro. I really miss purple mountains, being able to see 50 miles, and great sunsets.

Phoenix in general is sketchy in alot of places. I live in the far west valley by the white tank mountians and I hike them about evey weekend. Mesa unless u are far east mesa is real ghetto. Mr. felt I sent u a response to ur pm. Please if u come visit let me show u around and im sure ill convince u arizona is amazing.

Maricopa is on the border of the res. its a about a 45 minute commute to phoenix from there. your very limited in what you have for amenities, and entertainment in maricopa. Phoenix, like any metropolis has its rough areas. there are plenty of great deals to be had on houses in the city of phoenix, and the more closely surrounding cities.
in my opinion, your biggest concern should be finding a job here with similar pay to what you have.

Jobs don't pay anything there. I looked hard because I wanted to stay there but you are competing with people who are hungry and will work cheaper from just across the border. I met some cool people and did a lot of nice riding while I was out there just before the recession.

Back