Scratch off winner came in today

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
21 years old bought a $20 gold rush scratch off and hit it for $3 million! Cashed out and put $1.7 mil in his little ole bank account!
Wow!
Had a good head in his shoulders too! Bought a Pre owned Mountaineer for $10k. Didnt go crazy.
Said he's not buying anything else.

Damn!!!!!! I've never won more Than 10 bucks on a scratch off. Wish I had his luck!!!!!

At my age now (44), I could retire with that much cash. That kind of money at 21 years of age would have been a bad thing for me I reckon.:laugh:

There was a girl in Newfoundland that had a lotto ticket bought for her 19th birthday, she won, it was one of the $50,000 a year for 25 yrs. Haven't heard anything about her afterwards, friend of mine knows her though and apparently she, surprise surprise, isn't working. Surprisingly though she's been going to school and doing courses that she wants so eventually she can do something

lol... what? even a 30 yr US tbill rate would yield $50k a yr. u could easily get 6% return on tons of investments and see $100k a yr.

1.7 mil, even in lower yield, "safe" investments, will generate more than $50k a year. I'd prolly spend 700k paying off the house, buying some toys etc, and leave the remaining mil in investments to live off. Even at only 4%, that's $40k a year - which is not bad if you already paid everything else off.

I can get 6-8% on large cash depos in some European banks.
And yes it's guaranteed.

Doesn't matter anyway. Let's argue over that after I win. :)

And yes it's guaranteed.

I'm sure you could get a better rate with 1.7 mil than my credit union offer for accounts over 250k (1.21%) but I would stay away from euro banks with the Euro tittering on failure. My only point was interest on 1.7 mil isn't what it used to be. Anyways if anyone on here wins the lottery they won't have 1.7 mil to put away anyways because I'm sure they would buy everyone on the board a new Busa for Christmas.
t7701.gif

I would retire. At 55, and with my present retirement package, I would be very comfortable.

I could be on the ORG 24/7.

And yes it's guaranteed.

I would be careful about any 'guaranty' coming from a Euro (or any bank) at the moment..

You guys would never see me again :moon::laugh:

You guys are funny thinking American banks are more secure than Euro ones.
And about the comment regarding the euro tittering, like the dollar isn't?

I'd feel safe putting my money in 3-400 year old French or Italian banks same as I would here.

Again when I win I'll prove you guys wrong :laugh:

Back