Smith & Wesson M&P .45

GNBRETT

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with this gun? we are switching over to these from the Sig .40 caliber. why? I have no idea but was wondering if anyone has shot this gun and if so what did you think?

Pistols - Smith & Wesson

I dont care for them but simply because they don't feel right in my hand. I have never shot one!

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

we go from the Berreta 9mm to the sig 40 to this...... solution to a problem that doesnt exist imo but I have have big monkey hands so maybe ill like the way it feels. what did u not like about the way it feels in ur hand?

No exp with it but the cost savings of the S&W compared to a Sig Sauer may be the cause.
Are y'all due for an upfit?

state police spend thousands researching the Sig .40 so we followed since they spent the money doing the research and now there is this big need for a .45:banghead: the thing is a tank and wat I loved about the sig was it was waaaay smaller then the Beretta

I hear good things about them on the local gun board I belong to. I like the 45 round, and I really like my smith .40.

I've owned or shot about every Smith auto series made starting with a 39. A 59, 469, etc. The M&P series was a welcome improvement although I don't have much experience with the .45 model. I really like my wife's M&P 9 and a couple of .40s I fired. If I didn't have so much invested in my Sigs and accessories, I'd consider swapping myself.

what did u not like about the way it feels in ur hand?

I do not have overly large hands but it felt "clunky" to me. I like a slimmer grip that fits into my hand rather than my hand wrapped around it.

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

The grip feels super narrow in my hands. Didn't care for it. But I'm no expert, nor did I try different back straps.. Reliability shouldn't be an issue though...

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

well that doesnt sound too bad. im just tired of changing guns I guess. I do like the .45 round tho. it has a lot of stopping energy especially when using a hollow point. its just heavy which sux

I have both the m&p 45 and a sig p250 in a 40. I love my m&p. Its just about the full size model. The trigger is smooth and not a lot of recoil. The interchangeable back straps make it able to fit into just about anyones hands. Looking into getting the m&p subcompact 9mm this weekend cuz i love my 45.

I wouldnt give you a nickel for a S&W. They are sloppy guns.

Have you actually held, examined, fired a M&P series S&W? While excessive, I wouldn't challenge your opinion on many of the others. But I would on the M&P series.

If they are going to make the switch the M&P is a good overall gun. The back straps, reversible magazine catch, and the ambidextrous slid stop make it a very versatile and user friendly gun. The only down fall I see is the weight, it’s a heavy pig to sling around. I put a few hundred rounds through my pops a few weeks ago.

Well, its not like its your choice, right? I think they could have done alot worse than the M&P. Just like the other changes they have made, you'll get used to it, and soon most likely like it more than your current gun.. :beerchug:

Amazing how they are all starting to look/function like Glocks :)

Did I read this correctly (Double-action only)? While safer with one in the pipe, takes more practice to get rounds consistenly on the target...

I'll bet you are glad to have some real stopping power with you again.

the stopping power is great but dam that thing is heavy. as long as it shoots as good as the Sig then personally ill be happy. all the power in the world dont mean chit if it isnt accurate or reliable tho.

the problem I see with a .45 round is some are just not good shots and the majority shoot the bare minimum to qualify so although it might have better stopping power I think many will have a difficult time shooting a more powerful gun accurately in a stressful situation which is why as a whole I think the .40 cal is a better round.

the stopping power is great but dam that thing is heavy. as long as it shoots as good as the Sig then personally ill be happy. all the power in the world dont mean chit if it isnt accurate or reliable tho.

the problem I see with a .45 round is some are just not good shots and the majority shoot the bare minimum to qualify so although it might have better stopping power I think many will have a difficult time shooting a more powerful gun accurately in a stressful situation which is why as a whole I think the .40 cal is a better round.

I wish I had the M&P to compare, but I have both a Glock 21 and a the Smith SV40E, which is the glock clone in 40. The smith has a very hard trigger pull compared to the glock, but now sure how the pull is on the M&P. My first impression with the smith was good, you definitely will need to make sure you squeeze the trigger and not jerk it or you will be shooting low. Both are accurate to 25 yards. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

.45 acp has years of incontrovertible evidence proving its effectiveness.
It is an incredibly accurate round, more so than .40 S&W. I like the Dark earth 10+1 with Thumb safety model. One of my fav carry guns is a full size Para Ordnance P14 double stack .45.

Weight on the M&P .45 is 27.7 ounces
A sig P250 polymer frame in .40 is 29.4 ounces
A Beretta 92 weighs 33-34 ounces
And a Sig P226 in .40 with alum frame is 34 ounces.
A sig P226 with steel frame is 42 ounces
And the Para I mentioned is 44 ounces.

What makes y'all think the Smith is heavy?

Back