My 2nd annual rib cookoff

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
Me and my wife compete once a year against each other on who makes the best ribs.....well this year I brought a secrect weapon.....my first time smoking ribs by myself....more pics in about 4.5 hours.

uploadfromtaptalk1322336189926.jpg

I think the ones on top are done. Lemme try one and tell you. :)

Less heat and more water in steam bowl.

No steam bowl, just a smoke box. Theyll go on the grill for a.minute when im done smokin em

I do what some people call cold smoking I guess??? No direct heat but smokin them for about 8 hours.....idk never tried smoking ribs before. Worked good with the turkey breast I did on thanksgiving

uploadfromtaptalk1322338177807.jpg

what kind of wood and charcoal are you using? ???

:thumbs: im a smoking fanatic, and connoisseur of all fine things smoked!!

ribs are lookin good. :eatchicken:

Me thinks she smoked his azz! Those ribs do look good!!

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Sorry I didnt post up sooner but yes the wife won this year. Hers were amazing but she bakes them, I smoked mine and still jot to familiar with my smoker. Oh well there is always next year......pics when I get home

I love grilling and smoking. Thanks for sharing. :beerchug:

I did the same thing a few weeks ago...some in the oven some on the green egg. I found the BEST ribs were the hybrid ones. Smoked at 225 for about 3-4 hours and then into the oven, covered, with a cup of water to sweat them. It gives them a good smoke flavor but still allows them to fall off the bone tender.

Well here is the only pic I think we took before everyone devoured the ribs that evening. My buddy who entered #3 cheated by only cooking one slab so it looks in the pic his are all gone. Me and the wife cooked 3 slabs each

Rib cookoff 002.jpg

Back