Votes: 22 50.0%
  • NO !!!!

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • they had it coming

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
Kinda feel sorry for them. That is a stiff price to pay for doing what kids do! :down:

Most here did the same kind of stupid crap when we were 15.

Yes I agree it is sad and a tragedy. What I don't get though is how they (The news media) are playing this up and what great kids they were. But when someone here gets slaughtered ( the mother and son last week minding there own business walking down the sidewalk and hit by a drunk driver) who is from the wrong part of town it is just a quick blurb and only on a couple of broadcasts. But because these two were white, from a top private expensive high school and from well-off families they ( the news media) keep talking up what great kids they were

how can you feel sorry for the deceased? its a wasted emotion...feel sorry for the family

Kinda feel sorry for them. That is a stiff price to pay for doing what kids do! :down:

Most here did the same kind of stupid crap when we were 15.

While I generally have very little sympathy for self entitled spoiled rich kids, these girls just did a little joy riding, panicked and ran from the cops. I'd bet money there are members on this site that have done the same in their childhood. stupid? very. Worth dying over, absolutely not.

Well off or not, I do feel sorry for the kids acting like kids and paying the ultimate price.
Do they deserve more "screen time" then anyone else? :dunno: Probably not.

Geren's mother told investigators that her daughter had "experimented socially" with alcohol and said she thought her daughter had not been hanging out with Ludowise-Fischer for about a year.

A year seems like an awful long time to not know who your kids are hanging out with... :whistle:

Well off or not, I do feel sorry for the kids acting like kids and paying the ultimate price.
Do they deserve more "screen time" then anyone else? :dunno: Probably not.

A year seems like an awful long time to not know who your kids are hanging out with... :whistle:

That was what I was thinking. And what is a 15 year old doing experimenting with alcohol? Where did she get it?

That was what I was thinking. And what is a 15 year old doing experimenting with alcohol? Where did she get it?
I know as a kid I saw quite a few things that most would never think kids could do. My best friend at the time was in the 6th great and everyday after school he would go home and smoke pot. He was drinking and smoking at a very age. His farther, and uncle both were in law enforcement but it never stopped him. He lived with his mother and older brother. His mother worked 2nd shift and as far as i know he was never caught. My point is. If kids want it they will find a way to get it. This is sad for sure but I cannot feel sorry for kids that do stupid things in todays world with all the info that is out there about right and wrong. I also know that just because you are around things like this does not mean that you have to do it just to fit in. Most of the media now days do or say anything to get a good story. JMO

Actually yes I am. My daughter is 16 and has never experimented with alcohol. She knows better. She was raised better than that I guess.

What I meant was there is nothing easier to get than alcohol no matter your age. That is especially true for girls. Sorry if that hits too close to home as it wasn't meant directly at you but.....

There are a lot of parents out there with more important things to worry about than their kids. Sad but true!!

Same type of deal happened here about a month ago. Three 15 yr old girls in a "borrowed" pickup, middle of the night, blazed through a "T" intersection and rammed into a barn. All 3 dead at the scene. These weren't rich kids by any means, and they weren't drunk, just some small town high school kids sneaking out and being small town high school kids. Things like this happened when I was in school (I'm 54 now), still do, and unfortunately, always will..

I feel sorry for her parents and feel pity for them. no parents should out live their kids. im sure if they could take back that night they would.

Same type of deal happened here about a month ago. Three 15 yr old girls in a "borrowed" pickup, middle of the night, blazed through a "T" intersection and rammed into a barn. All 3 dead at the scene. These weren't rich kids by any means, and they weren't drunk, just some small town high school kids sneaking out and being small town high school kids. Things like this happened when I was in school (I'm 54 now), still do, and unfortunately, always will..
I grew up in a small town also and yes we did stupid stuff but not life threatening. This is Milwaukee. A major city in the US.

??? when i was 16 i had already driven up and down the east coast and had my own apt. in Wyoming. ??? just sayin.

kids can make bad choices. unfortunately, sometimes, those choices kill themselves and others. :down:

Yes I feel sorry for them, but if they hadn't had done it they would still be alive.
But then as kids we all to stupid stuff, and didn't give a thought to the consequences of our action.

Back