Advice from conceal carry instructors

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered

A WORD TO THE WISE -
comments and saying from various Conceal Carry Instructors.....

It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

And you can take that to the bank..........

Words of Wisdom:

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.

If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never
say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s
sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off, and they
shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes, the response time
of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with
your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to
be empty."

"If you end up in a gun fight... If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you
should be moving', if you're not moving', your dead."

"In a life and death situation... Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you
have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but
I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the
universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your
family." :whistle:

Truer words have never been said. Words to live by if you carry a gun or own one for home protection.

when i went in for my cwp a number of years ago my instructor asked one question to the class.......

How many of you in this room can look someone in the eye and kill them? Showing of hands please.

I was the only one who raised my hand. I was also the only one in the class who was left after he dismissed the rest of them.

when i went in for my cwp a number of years ago my instructor asked one question to the class.......

How many of you in this room can look someone in the eye and kill them? Showing of hands please.

I was the only one who raised my hand. I was also the only one in the class who was left after he dismissed the rest of them.

That's my wife's problem. She's been to the class, she can shoot, and she has a permit. I have tried to help her get into the mindset that it's either YOU (or our daughter) or THEM and she had better make up her mind RIGHT NOW that it's gonna be THEM that's laid out. I don't know if she can do it or not but I am concerned that she can't.

That's my wife's problem. She's been to the class, she can shoot, and she has a permit. I have tried to help her get into the mindset that it's either YOU (or our daughter) or THEM and she had better make up her mind RIGHT NOW that it's gonna be THEM that's laid out. I don't know if she can do it or not but I am concerned that she can't.

I use to never carry a gun with me until our house was broken into many years ago. I had just got off work and picked my son up from school, he was about 7 yrs old at the time, when we got home I felt something wasn't right but couldn't put my finger on it. When I opened the door....child on my heels, is when it hit me.....someone had been in my home and had totally trashed the place. I didn't step one foot in the door, snatched my kid up and ran to the car and drove off to a neighbors house to call the cops. (we lived out in the middle of no where Texas.) Took the police over an hour to respond to my call.
It was from that day that I decided I could only count on myself to protect me and my child when we were at home alone, Randy worked over an hour away from where we lived and could be of no use to me in a situation like that. I don't know what I would have done that day had the guy been there when I opened the door. Happily they caught the scum bag 2 weeks later and he went away for a while.
Could I pull the trigger if I ever needed to? You betcha I can!

My instructor did the same thing, there were 3 that walked out right then, 2 more guys came in the next day and were like ya know we thought about it and just cant see taking someones life. I think thats the best way in the world to handle that as it makes everyone really think deeper when they see others cant handle it. I'm ready to go if the occasion presents itself.

big difference in shooting at real moving person then shooting at a fixed paper target that doesnt shoot back.

not only is it much harder but most people dont have the heart to shoot at a real person if the situation presented itself so although the word to the wise given is true for the most part anyone carrying a gun for personal protection better be dam sure they can and will shoot a live human being if and when the time comes. cause if ur not your gun will likely be taken from you and used against you. seen this happen on NUMEROUS occasions.

i bet she can, put in the right situation.

I use to never carry a gun with me until our house was broken into many years ago. I had just got off work and picked my son up from school, he was about 7 yrs old at the time, when we got home I felt something wasn't right but couldn't put my finger on it. When I opened the door....child on my heels, is when it hit me.....someone had been in my home and had totally trashed the place. I didn't step one foot in the door, snatched my kid up and ran to the car and drove off to a neighbors house to call the cops. (we lived out in the middle of no where Texas.) Took the police over an hour to respond to my call.
It was from that day that I decided I could only count on myself to protect me and my child when we were at home alone, Randy worked over an hour away from where we lived and could be of no use to me in a situation like that. I don't know what I would have done that day had the guy been there when I opened the door. Happily they caught the scum bag 2 weeks later and he went away for a while.
Could I pull the trigger if I ever needed to? You betcha I can!

Like I tell Naomi, just drive a thumb to the last joint in both eye sockets .......... that's all :laugh:

Two things you need to grasp in a firefight.

It's gonna be LOUD, REAL LOUD!!! We wear ear plugs and ear muffs at the range, but you're never gonna have any ear protection in a real life situation. Are you ready for that? Disorentation will need to be overcome quickly. Practice without ear protection a few times to see how it feels.

Learn to reload during the firefight. It's easy at the range. I bet not in a stressfull envoirnment. My Glock only holds 6 rounds, but 2 extra clips might be needed if you miss with a few attempts. Remember, conditions will be less than ideal.

I enjoy shooting / taking shooting classes and would like to think that I could take steps to avoid an attack but that is not always the case....second to that is keeping a distance from an attacker in a hand to hand situation...instinct would be eyes and throat in place of a shoving match...in each class a common theme is that you are not taking the life of another...you are stoping them from taking yours. A can of wasp spray will shut down a person from across the room

Back