Boxing great Smokin Joe Frazier

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier.......
RIP to one of the greatest champs, both in and out of the ring.

RIP Joe. I remember when you bought me a couple of drinks at the Athletic Club in New York City. I was a stranger that came up to you and you were very gracious. I told him that I would keep all the other autograghs seekers away. he said" cool" So Imagine that I was playing body guard to Joe Frazier ( I use the term body guard loosely)..he went along with it and we got drunk. it was great. met his daughter and he wanted me to teach her spanish. It was a great day.
E

Have a gracious journey Joe! Thank you for the wonderful memories of my younger days when I looked forward to watching you do what you did best.

RIP you will be missed by many!

After a trembling Ali lit the Olympic torch in 1996 in Atlanta, Frazier was asked by a reporter what he thought about it.

"They should have thrown him in," Frazier responded.

He mellowed, though, in recent years, preferring to remember the good from his fights with Ali rather than the bad. Just before the 40th anniversary of his win over Ali earlier this year -- a day Frazier celebrated with parties in New York -- he said he no longer felt any bitterness toward Ali, who suffers from Parkinson's disease and is mostly mute.

"I forgive him," Frazier. "He's in a bad way."
Gotta love Smokin Joe.:laugh::beerchug:

Back