Nov 3, 2011 - 1130HRS - 6 more years til retirement

Trash_Panda_44

A Grown Ass Man!
Registered
Just reenlisted for the last time. 6 more years to go and I'll be able to retire from the Air Force & that will put me @ 20 years & 7 months. :cheerleader: We'll see if I decide to beyond that. Anybody got a job for me when I get out:lol: I enjoy serving and appreciate those who care about us- Thank you for not giving up and also thank you for all of the support. Thank you org- this really is a great place to be- Thank you:thumbsup:

TSgt Garland E Keaton Jr
C-17 & KC-135 Crew Chief / Repair & Reclamation / Quality Assurance Inspector
Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina
"LET'S ROLL!"

Congrats on your relist. Thank you for your service and what you do to keep us free and safe.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice... and for keeping me and my family safe!

I much rather tell you congrats on your retirement! I have 4 years left and can not wait.

Chief Warrant Officer 3
US Army
Ft McClellan Alabama

PB1

nice dude,, i have made flap actuators for c-17 ,,truck and axles for kc135,, since i have moved off shop floor currently programming for a new ferrium axle for kc 135

I much rather tell you congrats on your retirement! I have 4 years left and can not wait.

Chief Warrant Officer 3
US Army
Ft McClellan Alabama

PB1

You got me by 2 years:thumbs:

nice dude,, i have made flap actuators for c-17 ,,truck and axles for kc135,, since i have moved off shop floor currently programming for a new ferrium axle for kc 135

Thats AWESOME!!! Been on tankers for 12 years & C-17s for 2... would much rather work the tanker. We have to talk later:)

Awesome ! Tanks for your service ! I have about 6 1/2 years to go but not in the military.

Outstanding. You will hit that 20 year mark and wonder "how the heck did that go buy so fast?" because it speeds up. Word of advice; if you are still feeling good enough, go to 24 because the pay increase is worth it. I went to 26 and called it a day. Every second was worth it. I still remember the day I took my Commissioning Oath I can remember it clearly (and I don't remember much else from 1983 :)

P.S. If' you'd open that rear door on the C17 just long enough, I'd be gone :) Chunked an 18-way off a C130 once :) Thanks Air Force!!!

D96Z0801.JPG

Congrats on your re-enlistment. I currently have 19yrs in with a current retirement date of April 2013, i re-enlisted in April 09 for 4 more, but can actually drop my retirement packet anytime now and September 2012 without doing the last year. Right now with the economy in the dumps and the unemployment rate for combat vets is at 2.6 higher then the national percentile i'm weighing my options on retiring. I believe the number of unemployed servicemembers is at 265 plus thousand, i just recently read that number somewhere. I'm one more promotion away from topping out my E rank and the possibility of me getting that rank is looking good that i might just stay in. I will say that 19yrs has gone by pretty fast and i enjoy being in the military. It does help that i love my job (i couldn't have picked a better one) the unit that i'm in and the mission statement that we perform under. If the economy improves by the time i hit 20 then i will do the last year and get out but i don't see it improving anytime soon. So the possibility of me going to 26 seems more realistic in my eyes.

E8
MH47 Flight Engineer/Standardization Instructor
USASOC-SOAR

61658824070214207a06b.jpg
Refuel In S. Korea.jpg

61658824070214207a06b.jpg

Refuel In S. Korea.jpg

Congrats and thanks for your service! I've got a few left to do myself.

Congrats Garland, I am 3.5 years from being eligible to retire at 20 from the USAF active duty. Been a long road, good at times and hell at times. Would not change anything about it though.

Congrats to all of you serving :thumbsup: I plan on retiring in 8 years, but now everyone is changing the rules of retirement :laugh: Just my luck :rofl:

You know, I bet the amount of vets/active duty members on the org is significantly higher than the general population (or the other m/c forums for that matter. 2 yrs Coast Guard and 3 years USMC for me. Thanks for serving, we need you! Doyle

Congratulations and Good Luck for the next 6 years, it will soon pass so make the most of it.

I have just applied for my early retirement package, not in the military, I have spent 34 years working in the defence industry, Bae Systems, so have put plenty of extra shifts in to supply our Tornado's and Typhoon's with spares to keep them operational in the conflicts we have been engaged in for the last three decades.

Thank you for defending Freedom and Democracy.

Best regards Stretch.

congrats on your re-enlistment. I currently have 19yrs in with a current retirement date of april 2013, i re-enlisted in april 09 for 4 more, but can actually drop my retirement packet anytime now and september 2012 without doing the last year. Right now with the economy in the dumps and the unemployment rate for combat vets is at 2.6 higher then the national percentile i'm weighing my options on retiring. I believe the number of unemployed servicemembers is at 265 plus thousand, i just recently read that number somewhere. I'm one more promotion away from topping out my e rank and the possibility of me getting that rank is looking good that i might just stay in. I will say that 19yrs has gone by pretty fast and i enjoy being in the military. It does help that i love my job (i couldn't have picked a better one) the unit that i'm in and the mission statement that we perform under. If the economy improves by the time i hit 20 then i will do the last year and get out but i don't see it improving anytime soon. So the possibility of me going to 26 seems more realistic in my eyes.

E8
mh47 flight engineer/standardization instructor
usasoc-soar

View attachment 234435
View attachment 234436

Hooah! NSDQ!

im just about to hit my 5 year mark in the AF... they have me now till 2016, that will put me at 9 years in... i dont know if i will be able to make it to 20!

Back