Had to call the cops on a Busa owner Sunday

ditchdr

Registered
About 3 on Sunday after noon I was in the back yard working on the pressure washer when I hear the sound of a bike starting up. I walk out front cause they are reving the engine and rasing a little stink. I look to the end of the road and see them starting to do a burn out. Not a big deal untill he keeps going down the rd past my house wid open in 2nd gear smoke just rolling off the back of the bike. Well he turns around at the end of my street and comes back to his house. I walk over and being very nice ask them not to do that as we have at least 8 kids who live here, and many of them like to play in the front lawns here. They agree to stop, and we talk about bikes for a little bit, and he even wants me to do some paint work for him soon.

About 5 he leaves for work and his brother hops on the bike and is doing pretty much the same thing. Only now my kid are the neighbors kids ARE in the front yard playing. I call the cops and with in 3 min they are there almost getting hit by this a$$ clown. Well long story short they were there a good 15 min when i notice he is getting placed in the back of the car and a roll back is pulling up. Seems he did not have a license or something, so off to the pokey he went and the bike was impounded. I feel bad cause it was me who calle the cops. But I mean come on common sense here people.

The guy who owns the bike got it back Monday and came over to ask me what happened, and promised me his brother will not be riding it anymore.

Bike is a 08 Busa with a 12in swing arm and built up a little bit.

Now if this had happened at my old house i could have cared less. If they would have crashed the gaters would have cleaned it up lol. But we moved into town and have a little house on a quiet street now. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

theres a time and place for that stuff and neighborhoods are not it

You did the right thing, asked nicely first.
Nip the thing in the bud before it gets too out of hand, and spoils the place where you live.

+1 you asked nicely and you did the right thing. Lord only knows what would have happened to him or the kids playing

Better call the cops on them now, than calling the ambulance on someone else later.

dont feel bad for em, you may have saved someone from injury, that is really bull crap doin that stuff in a residential area. honestly I prolly would have made the call the first time. when it comes to safety of kids its 0% tolerance for me.

Well you ask and they decided not to stop. Sounds like the brother was just waiting for the owner to go to work so he could play. I am glad no one got hurt.

None of the above posters have ever done anything stupid in a neighborhood or anything similar to the above.
They swear your honor :laugh:

I'm a father now and would have done same as you did. But 14-20 yrs old or so yes I was invincible and did do stupid things on public streets that made people call the cops on me. Glad nobody got hurt and hopefully they will realize it was the wrong place to do it.

I've done many stupid things on motorcycles, but not in neighborhoods. I take it out of town to play.

You did the right thing given the situation. It has nothing to do with the guy being on a Busa. You gotta be a Dad first, and a Busa rider later.

I've done many stupid things on motorcycles, but not in neighborhoods. I take it out of town to play.

Same here.

One of my neighbor's called the cops on me many years ago because I was doing a burnout in my driveway (I was breaking in a new rear tire). Cops came just warned me not to do it again. At the time the way I saw it, my house my property I do whatever I want to do so I did it again. Cops came again, there is no noise ordinance where I used to live and it was private property so not much they could do about it. Young people will do these types of things many times and will continue to do so for years to come. Now if someone does that in front of my house, I wouldn't feel sorry at all. My kids play out front and if they ever got hit, oh boy may God bless that soul.

Back