Do you have your visor down.

newman

Registered
I very rarely have my visor down because it's too quite for me, I like to hear what's going on.

But nearly three weeks ago I was riding to Colchester and as I was overtaking someone at 70mph something hit me in my right eye, it didn't half give me a wallop and I had to go home. Couldn't ride the bike for two weeks. Lynne's been trying to get me to go to the doctors but I thought it would heal up by itself. I know, I'm stupid.
It's been playing me up ever since, like I've got something in my eye, and it gets worse in the evening.

So today I went for my diabetic eye screening, and after I thought I might as well get my eye checked out at the minor injury clinic.
It turns out I've got abrasions on my eye and have got to have ointment in my eye four times a day for five days and go back if it don't heal up.

I got a bit of a telling off by the nurse for not doing anything about it before.

So it's visor down for me from now on. Or a pair of glasses.

The question is does everyone wear their visors all the time.

I told one of my friends it felt like I got hit in the eye by a Rhinoceros horn first, and he said it was possible because I was riding near Colchester zoo and perhaps one had escaped.:laugh:.

Always down, I will crack it an inch at stop lights or if it is very hot, even that 1" will let bugs and bee's into your face, not fun. :whistle:

My Scorpion has an inner tinted visor. When I stop or are riding in town I keep the outer visor open and the inner visor down. Once I get up to around 45 mph I put down my outer visor. I also wear glasses so with both the inner visor and the glasses my eyes are pretty well protected at low speeds. In the winter I do the same cause the shield will get condensation on it at low speeds/stopped.

down for me most of the time and open 10mm just to keep mist off

i wear ear plugs too as i hate all the noise from the wind etc plus the bike sounds great with no rattles !!

I'll eat the bugs and take the wallops in the face, I ALWAYS ride with the visor up until the wind forces it down or a track that has a rule it has to be down. VIR and Maxton make you put it down but not most of the local tracks.

Street riding it stays up, but I always wear eye protection in the form of sun glasses also.

Good luck with your eye

Eyes always protected. Blind would not be fun, and I like depth perception. It works for me.

I have it cracked open slightly to let air in but at highway speeds I prefer it closed.. cracked you can hear just fine and nothing can hit your face.

Same as most on here, whilst riding in Town Up, as soon as I start to move, Down. :thumbsup:

Hope your healed soon, Stretch. :colgate:

Colorado's got an eye protection law only time i have mine up is if im out later than planned as i dont like riding with my smoked visor at night, keep safety glasses in my tail just incase, now that its cold though i've gotten better about having the clear visor on if i may be out at night

I have the scorpion helmet with inner visor also. I tend to ride visor up and inner visor down in town. Once about 50 I usually put outer visor down.

almost always have the visor down if i have a helmet on :beerchug:

Down except in stop and go traffic.I leave it open a crack it the mornings to keep the fog off inside.I never wore safety glasses when wrenching at home and I had something get in my eye and it got badly infected,hurt like hell and couldnt see well.One morning at work I felt something in my eye, like it rolled out fom under my eye lid and I couldnt open my eye.Wene to the bathroom and with a damp cloth wiped out what looked like a metal shaving.Once I rinsed my eye out, it got better almost instantly.My doctor said it was pink eye from an allergic reaction.Took nearly 2 months to heal up.Never take eyes for granted.

I got a bug in my eye once.. i just turned it into mush.. and the eye Dr. gave me some hefty drops.. it was bad. The next day before the Dr. it was swollen shut. Go get it looked at.

Up with shatter proof glasses on below 50-60 or so. Any faster and I flip it down.
I've caught a few pebbles, bees and bugs in the face but been lucky enough to have not gotten hurt over it.

Good luck with the eye.

Open when stopped, cracked one or 2 notches when at city speeds unless it's cold out, and down at highway speeds. In the day time I wear sunglasses. I have a clear visor.

always down just for that reason . Bugs can hurt not to metion rocks

Back