OnStar - Chevy - Problems

DevilDawg1

Registered
Having problems with the OnStar system on my 2008 Chevy P/U. If you receive a call they can hear you but you cannot hear them.

I have unplugged and disassembled and cleaned what I think are all the plugged connestions. At the same time if the truck sits in the sun all day and is hot on the inside it works fine.

Also, the front speakers no longer work, (the back speakers are fine), I have also removed and cleaned their connections.

Any techs, or electronic people have any ideas, before I take it to a stealership.

Thanks in advance.

I own a 2010 TE Silverado Extended Cab. I once had a bad connection with OnStar but it was due to my truck being partially under a overpass while sitting in traffic other then that no issues. As far as speakers i replaced mine with aftermarket type after 1st 2weeks of ownership. Stock speakers are worthless crap IMO. If the truck is still under warranty then let the dealership deal with it.

Having problems with the OnStar system on my 2008 Chevy P/U. If you receive a call they can hear you but you cannot hear them.

I have unplugged and disassembled and cleaned what I think are all the plugged connestions. At the same time if the truck sits in the sun all day and is hot on the inside it works fine.

Also, the front speakers no longer work, (the back speakers are fine), I have also removed and cleaned their connections.

Any techs, or electronic people have any ideas, before I take it to a stealership.

Thanks in advance.

The front speakers also quit working in my 07 2500HD. They would work maybe 10% of the time, but usually only one at a time. Then about half the lights in my dash failed at random times, then a spring broke and destroyed the clutch, then the transmission tailshaft seal blew out, then the bearings in the differential failed, then I sold it. I loved that truck, but the failures were unacceptable considering I bought it new and it was only used as a daily driver, never for serious work.

Sorry I don't have any solutions for you, but I needed to vent a little bit...

Back