Graduated Sergeant's Course today

sportcustoms71

Registered
Graduated Sgt's course today. Took me almost 2 years to go to it and i finally got to go!

us.jpg

promotions are slim and few now days. anything that will put me above the rest, i'm game...thanks Sous. We had an Air force guy attend our course too, he didn't fair to well though, great guy, but the pt kicked his butt and i think it was that we are a little rough on the edges too. overall i loved it and advise any NCO to go. it's just so hard to go and get in, considering there are only two academies on the east coast and there are 22 plus thousand sgt's in the Corps.

Hoorah.

The Army got into this "select, promote, train" thing...and is a huge mistake. It should be "TRAIN, SELECT, PROMOTE". NCO should hit the ground in his job with the NCOES already completed, not get promoted and then spend half his TIG awaiting/attending school. Besides the school weeds out those who shouldn't be promoted in the first place.

Semper Fi Marine.

I totally agree with you. the school was designed for fresh NCO's to attend and not senior Sgt's but i guess that's just how the beast is and how the cookie crumbles:lol:

Hoorah.

The Army got into this "select, promote, train" thing...and is a huge mistake. It should be "TRAIN, SELECT, PROMOTE". NCO should hit the ground in his job with the NCOES already completed, not get promoted and then spend half his TIG awaiting/attending school. Besides the school weeds out those who shouldn't be promoted in the first place.

Semper Fi Marine.

I graduated from NCO school in '94... I went as a Sgt (was only one of two with a hashmark)... I was thrilled to go. Between the interaction with the instructors and (more importantly) the other students from various MOSs, the school is invaluable. Congratulations! Semper Fi...

MCM

Agree. Sometimes that's just the way it works out. But still congrats for completing.

BZ for going after it and congrats...and what an awesome day for your graduation :)

Back