The 747 is such a small plane..

880jedi

Registered
When compared to the new Airbus A-380. Got this picture at SFO yesterday.

Fleet Pics 2011 018.jpg

Fleet Pics 2011 018.jpg

That Airbus is huge but the 747 isn't all that small. Here is one of ours with an F150 parked next to it.

A380_747_4975_4981.jpg

IMG00011-20091129-1548.jpg

But they're both dwarfed by the Antonov AN225. In Soviet Russia, runway takes off from airplane.

747-v-380 -v- AN225.jpg

an225.jpg

Here's an IL-76 I filmed from the runway in Croatia. My dad standing in front of me.
They told us to open our mouth as it went by lest it blow out our eardrums. They had to rearrange the fighter jets to allow it to land and take off for us.

Blanca thats a really cool video. How did ya get on the runway?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Blanca thats a really cool video. How did ya get on the runway?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

It was a small Croatian Air Force base where about ten fighters were stationed but it was also real close to the factory that produced the goods we were shipping to Afg. Initially our plan was to truck the goods to Sophia, Bulgaria but my dad knew an ex Russian air force privateer pilot crazy enough to say he could get in and out of there. We had to grease a couple palms to get them to say yes because there was a town right behind us with old homes and old folks. That large of a plane and they were worried about it damaging things. They had to move all the jets from the side of the runway because they were afraid they would get blown over. Maybe this was all just a show to justify the er uh 'fee' :) Anyway my dad and I had to personally inspect, count, itemize and RFID every pallet so we were already out there. Five mins after it was loaded it was wheels up. Just turned out we were outside already to see it go.
Only time in my life I've been that close to that much power!

Now boarding passengers 1200-1150 OMG :laugh:

You have to remember and I can that the 747 is 41 years old.

hey, the antonov pictured with the square tail was made to move the space shuttle. there's only one of them. the actual antonov only has 4 engines and has a normal tail and shorter wings. still, bad ass aircraft.

If that pic of the 747 and the 380 was at SFO, the 747 was on the return runway on the far side coming back or going to the take off runway that the 380 was on. The 747 is a formidable beast of a plane and your picture is somewhat deceiving. But the 380 is truly a very large plane double decker and all.

If that pic of the 747 and the 380 was at SFO, the 747 was on the return runway on the far side coming back or going to the take off runway that the 380 was on. The 747 is a formidable beast of a plane and your picture is somewhat deceiving. But the 380 is truly a very large plane double decker and all.

I was trying to be sneaky. I'm busted. :laugh:

I was trying to be sneaky. I'm busted. :laugh:

:laugh: I was gonna let that slide, since it's not just ridiculously exaggerated. I haven't seen an A380 up close yet, but my first clue was in comparing the perceived size of the cockpit windows.

747 is a girly plane, all the real ballers have 380's, thats in the plane world, where as on the streets, ballers have 9's, not 380's, but thats not what we're talking about. Now where'd I put my 380 keys? :lol:

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Photo is a bit misleading as the 747 is further back in the photo! Was the photog an X fisherman?
Still awesome to see both giants in one pic.

Here's two A380's in hanger with a 747-400 modified as a LCF (Dreamlifter)

LHTech-A380-LCF.jpg

last time I was in London, there was a Quantas 747 and 380 parked at the gates side by side. It was impressive to say the least to be walking through the terminal and seeing the vast size difference between the two of them and the 777 I just walked off of from NYC. The 380 is just massive and while the pics are all very cool, until you see it in person you really cannot fully appreciate just how big big is...and you should see some of the Asian airline sites or Emerates to see what kinda "sky is the limit" stuff they are doing in their first class sections:bowdown:

i wish i had the $ to fly 1st class! i hate flying! there is about no worse way to travel! i can't wait til my state President sells his church and buys a plane!

Back