You Sick of F1 Too?

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Vettel on pole, gets away and gains six seconds on the first lap. Webber gets a terrible start (from sixth, this time), Hamilton and Massa get into it in the first corner, Alonso battles a bit with Button and then Ferrari makes a mistake.

I'll bet that's Suzuka. It was every race this year, and probably the rest of the year, too. Oh, and instead of innovation and racing, let's add some buttons--like a video game--to allow a pass once in a while. You know, DRS and KERS. Or, like Bernie suggested, maybe some fake rain once in a while? Seriously? Maybe a jump and a ring of fire, too?

Want to fix F1? Get Bernie to spend some money on the tracks. You know, widen them in spots to allow a few lines through the corners. When cars get bigger--either physically or in terms of speed--you can't have them running on the same tracks from the 1950's.

That's why MotoGP, World Superbike, and even AMA Superbike (and Supersport) were so exciting this year. Real racing.

I have just about stopped watching F1 for that reason. They have just about made the drivers just guides. Need to lose some of the electronics and get back to making the drivers drive and win the race. Boringly 2nd only to NASCAR.

If you want good racing where a good car and great driver dominates then WRC is where its at!!

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

Great point. I think it was Hamilton who said something like if you want to watch wheel-to-wheel racing, F1 isn't for you. It's about running the perfect line every lap, as fast as you can go. That's why Vettel has been successful. Get on pole and get a great start (wonder if he trained with someone from the NHRA?), and once you're in clean air, you get a huge lead, and the rest of the race is done. Like baking a cake--here's the recipe and follow it every time.

I just started to watch WRC, and it really is great racing. I also really like American LeMans--especially when Porsche and Peugot run, but that's like three races a year (24 Hours, Sebring, Road Atlanta (Petit LeMans)). Other than that, and maybe SCCA racing, you have to watch motorcycles to see real racing, simply because there's more than one line through a few corners.

I watched the first few minutes of Sepang last night, then turned something else on. I'm done with F1 for this year.

hmm ive found moto gp boring this year but the moto2 has been amazing and that's what id call seat of your pants racing !!

nxt year should be far better with the 1000cc bikes though

car racing oh yes ive seen that and oh what we on about again i nodded off ?

F1 is horrible racing. MotoGP has had the worst race year ever. Not even close racing in either cicuit this year. The moto 2 series has been spectacular though. Lamb has no ideas how to fix F1, it hasnt been good racing for decades. The cars are incredible and pull unreal g's, But the racing is subpar.

I am surprised thay you guys do not like F1. To me the appeal is that at the end of the day this type of racing is like a gunfight at high noon. The racers are all so fit, at the top of their game physically and mentally. It is all about who blinks first. When a result can come down to a 1 second pit stop error, the smallest of errors on the track, wrong tyre strategy, a bungled wheel change, etc. It is a different type of race involving a different type of racer.

These guys can not only drive a race car, 99% of them speak 2 or more languages, (even more amazing are the majority for whom English is a second language, but understand complex English instructions and technical terms over the radio while they are racing.) Have you seen the number of buttons, switches and dial on an F1 car steering wheel? I doubt the average car driver (or road bike user) could cope with the complexities of that one piece of equipment just sitting at an office desk. These guys are a different sort of racer, just look at the quality of the replies they give in the post race interviews. They are 21st. century gladiators, if they did not race cars, they would be successful in other fields. Jenson Button does triathlons and Iron Man competitions at the weekends for FUN, . Nigel Mansell won the world championship, then went to the USA and won your race car series in his first season.
I love all forms of motorsport, who could be be better than Valentono Rossi, all I am saying is, if you don't like something or don't understand it or appreciate or it just is not for you, , that does not mean it's not great,. just that it's not great for you. I mean, there's probably a group of people out there racing Honda C90 step-thru scooters, and they think it's the greatest form of racing. Who are we to say it isn't?

These guys can not only drive a race car, 99% of them speak 2 or more languages, (even more amazing are the majority for whom English is a second language, but understand complex English instructions and technical terms over the radio while they are racing.)

Dont confuse the interpreter you hear throught the tv with the person speaking in their headset.

From Lambs point of view, good racing is close racing. Lamb doesnt wanna see passing in the pits, boring!! There is no doubt that these cars and drivers are incredible. One view from incar and we all see how fast and precise one must be to compete. But, all racing doesnt mean good racing for the FANS, And ultimately, thats all Lamb cares about. Close racing with the outcome in doubt on the last lap. There is no guarantee of course but 1 close race a season doesnt equal excitement, sorry!!

I grew up watching F1 and sometimes went to Watkins Glen and Canada. Good points about how it's a different level and demands the best from everyone, but what's missing in F1 is real competition. I agree Honda ran away with MotoGP this year, but there were some great battles. Moto2 has been superb, as was WSBK and even AMA racing. You'll never see that type of competition in F1 unless Bernie updates the tracks. He's desperate to create racing--to the point of suggesting fake rain, and shortcuts that you can use a few times a race. Really? No refueling because of one pit fire decades ago? Same tires? (I know, WSBK.) Ban blown diffusers mid-season, then bring them back? Ban reprogramming after qualifying in mid-season then bring it back? Turbo 4-cylinders? Give me a break. If you don't have the money, you can't race in F1. Sorry. All these conditions to equalize the cars, while the tracks are ancient history. Buy some Toyotas, paint them different colors. There you go. Spend some money, Bernie, and fix your F1 tracks so we can see a few lines through the corners, and you'll bring back racing. Otherwise, keep all your money and retire, and let someone else breathe some life back into the sport.

got that right. Nascar is so lame. round and round we go.... weeeeeeee! ill nvr understand what the attraction is to go around in circles for hours.:sarcasm:

Even my die hard NASCAR buddies agree now. One of them will not watch a live race anymore. DVRs them. Watches first 10 laps fast forwards stopping to watch crashes then watches last 10 laps.
He used to go to spring and fall races at Bristol and Tally. Not anymore.
Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Back