Tell me about Kuait

ditchdr

Registered
I have a chance to go to Kuwait for 11 months with a company called SAIC. If you have been there tell me about it. God or bad. I know its hot, but I will be in the A/C most of the time i am told. Will aslo not be in a tent but a dorm type of place. Anyhow lets hear what ya got.

Hot is an understatement, but you'll get used to that. I was stuck on base, so don't know anything about the regular towns/cities. Just be prepared for a trip to the hottest beach ever with out the ocean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318108988.924419.jpg

Kuwaitis are still very appreciative of what we did for them during the Gulf War. Youll be fine.
A bit of culture shock but Kuwait is more open minded than many other Muslim nations. In fact I think you'd be surprised to see how much Americana exists there.

It's hot and dirty. The Kuwaities are very nice people though. The roads are amazing. The are some of the best roads I have every driven on. Watch out for sandstorms. They are cool the first few times, but then you get to clean up all the sand that goes everywhere. I only stayed in tents when I was passing through. I will try to figure out how to post some pics for you. I got a few.

Never been stationed there but passed thru it a few times......not a bad place to be stuck for a few months (compared to other spots in the sandbox).

Back