Cleaning It . . . Old School

Sum Beach

Registered
I know there is more than a few of you who remember these.
Or even know of someone who still has one.
Well a few years ago my grandmother past away and I went down to Florida to help my parents clean out the house for sale.
These 1971 Electolux model 1205 was in the closet with all attachments. I just could not let it go for some reason. I took it home with me and its been in storage, unused, for the last 3 years.
Well last week my roomate found the attachment and she brought it all out and started cleaning.
This was my first time actually useing it and it still works great!!
Spent the morning trying out everything and playing with it.
They sure built these things good back then!!

Backyard Playtime oct 2011 151.jpg

Backyard Playtime oct 2011 152.jpg

Backyard Playtime oct 2011 153.jpg

Backyard Playtime oct 2011 151.jpg

Backyard Playtime oct 2011 152.jpg

Backyard Playtime oct 2011 153.jpg

We had a kenmore in that vintage.I loved that vacuum.My wife made me finally get rid of it but it worked well.Think I had it untill 2000.My wife scored an early 70s Oster mixer/food prcessor in the avocado green, new in the box.Never used.Thinks it was a wedding present that was never used.Think she got it on ebay and we use it all the time.They sure dont build appliances like those anymore.I cant even keep a toaster longer than a year or so without it turning to crap.

My parents had one of those when I was a kid, and I'm old as dirt. Surprised you can still find bags for it.

I was suprised also that it still worked so well. It will become our main house cleaning unit. Just going to open em up and give them a good cleaning out this week.
What really suprised me was my Grandma still had the original instruction manual in mint condition!!

My mom still has the same style but a panasonic not sure what year. She has a newer vacuum but still uses it, my dads fixed and kept it alive for years.

Back