Fall Foliage almost did me in

Sum Beach

Registered
Went out for a quick ride to run some errands this morning. Picked up lunch and took the roads less traveled home.
Coming up from Florida, we never had to deal with the fall foliage and leaves on the streets. So I really didnt pay no mind to them as I rode home.
Rock Creek is a fun road until I came around that one tree shaded corner that was full of leaves across the entire road.
Rolled off the throttle quick and ran the sharp corner just over at speed limit (@30 mph).
Still felt both tires skip, skip, skip, skip across the leaves. Had I taken it at the speed I usually do, well, lunch would be late. . .
Dangit. Now one more thing I gotta worry about on the road.
Y'all be careful out there!!!!!

another thing around here riding was black walnuts in the road,dont roll over one thats fallen in the road its not fun,and some places there are alot in the road...

damn man, be safe! I hit a bit of oil one day in Cali at about 70mph in a lean going around a bend and slid over 4 lanes into oncoming! It only takes a moment to realize how important traction is! BUT WAS A PUCKERIN!!:please:

Haha we have a rock creek too and that parkway is a fun ride but yeah I dont have the DOT approved Autumn compound either...

That sucks. I don't have the problem in Arizona so I never thought of that. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sum Beach one of these fall leaves almost hit me in the head the other day....

2665204964_da02912003.jpg

:laugh:

Good post, those leafs can hurt your feelings, especially when they're wet.

Back