Teenagers!!!!!!

OldMan

Registered
I'm off to see my son's counselor, he is getting failing grades in all but one class. He's on the football team, but that will most likely end today. He's also part of a police explorer program that meets every saturday, I want him to continue that but he states he's not going anymore. He's turning 15 next week, he has so many opportunitites but he is also lazy and wants things for nothing. He was going to school this morning wearing his football jersey and I took it from him and sent him to school in a regular shirt. Needless to say, this was a tough morning.

wish me luck!

Best wishes and luck to you. That is a trying time in theirs and the parents lives.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

I remember when I was 15 and thought I knew it all too. I was lucky that I worked for my dad every summer so had a decent work ethic (and being at work kept me out of most trouble).

aaah teenagers, cant live with em......cant strangle em. My wifes fifteen year old is acting up too stay strong and make sure he knows who is boss.

right there with you guys my 12yr old son thinks he knows everything already also, stay strong guys im sure everything will work out.

I am not facing that issue, but with a 13 and 15 year old boys in the house, it is bound to get interesting.

:rofl: mine are 26 , 24, and 22, wait I have a 10 year old in the house, but she thinks shes 31 :banghead:

Went thru this with my son.He is 18 and grduated now but high school was a trying time with him.He did fine in school but didnt work to his potential.He was going into the navy and walked away from it all.Now he lives at a friends, mooching of them because it is better tna living at home with expectations and a job.He left because we were too strict and he is to get a job.He feels we own him, owe him what I dont know.Kids now a days have no clue.I wish you luck and hopefully you get thru to him.

I am sure I was no walk in the park for my parents. 15 years later they say it wasn't so bad. Me thinks the sands of time erase some memories.

As far as the Football thing goes, the coaches at my high school kept an eye on the kids grades. If they were not passing all their classes they rode the bench. It didn't matter if it was the star QB or not. A few games from the side lines drove the point home. Just my two cents.

My kid is 17 and after years of argueing it was like a light switched on and he got it,,, im sure the ssame will happen for you

Well at least the cops did not bring him home yet or called you to come and get him. He is still in school and that is a good thing.
Keep trying you are doing the right stuff.

My son truned 19 a couple weeks ago. I went threw the same thing with him between 14-15. We got threw it. If he wanted to drive or work or go on a date he had to have them grades up that was the trade off freedom for better grades...at this age freedom is a BIG deal along with all the priviledges that come with hitting 16. He will come around, sounds like you are on the right track.

Back