Why isn't the new iPhone 4s the best ever?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Looking at it it seems pretty badazz! I'm not a techy so I'll ask you folks with your whacked Droids and your clocked thingamajiggies what is this phone still lacking others have? Or is it Gangsta baby?!

Apple - iPhone 4S - The most amazing iPhone yet.

Siri? Ask your phone a question and it answers you. Just about any category you can think of.

Icloud? Take a pic here and it winds up there. Pushes and pulls all your stuff instantly from device to device.

Dual core chip? Faster better stronger than before, yeah yeah yeah.

8 megapixel camera that shoots 1080p video? Cool deal.

And over 200 new other features?

Who's in for one or are you all Droiders?

Does not support 4G LTE and not making the screen larger is holding me off.
It is making me lean toward a Droid Bionic or wait for the next generation iPhone.

I've got a 4, and I'm just waiting for iOS 5 next week. After that, no need to sync the phone (or the iPad) through a computer. For me, the 4S only adds Siri, so I'll wait for the 5 next year. But, make no mistake, it's by far the best phone on the market. The real beauty of the phone is the talk time and stand-by time. And with the "new" antenna (following the Verizon CDMA unit), there's no more "antennagate."

Its a great phone if going from a 3GS like lots of folks will be. But not a huge jump from the 4. I will wait to the next one. And I really hope they don't increase the screen size. I hate holding the huge screen android phones.

Apple needs to up the Ante lest they be nibbled apart by all the little android clones.

4G is mostly a myth, because of its extremely limited availability. And, most 4G/LTE phones spend more time and battery power searching for that "network" than actually using it. Apple's "new" A5 processor (used in the iPad) blows away any perceived difference.

Professor, from a laymen. Does the dual core chip not in some way make up for it not being 4g?
How much faster is 4g? And isn't 4g LTE actually not 4g but a 'light' version hence the LTE which isn't really faster at all? (that's only what I've read and heard, not my thoughts)

05 Busa, what is iPhone 5 supposed to have that 4s doesn't?

I only want one because it's new and cool and with one I'll be even cooler myself :laugh:

4G is mostly a myth, because of its extremely limited availability. And, most 4G/LTE phones spend more time and battery power searching for that "network" than actually using it. Apple's "new" A5 processor (used in the iPad) blows away any perceived difference.

Yeah that's what I was reading. Since the chip loads faster and is faster the lack of 4g is difficult to perceive.
(things I'm reading)

WHATEVER! I have 4G LTE everywhere I go in OKC.... I get average of 20mb down and 10 up... Battery last all day long... Best phone I have ever had.... 3G won't touch this phone..

You are lucky to be in a strong 4G area. Here it goes away randomly, I have none at my house but right across the street its full strength. :( im jelous i want 4g or LTE.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

WHATEVER! I have 4G LTE everywhere I go in OKC.... I get average of 20mb down and 10 up... Battery last all day long... Best phone I have ever had.... 3G won't touch this phone..

Capt is the USA leading the 4g world or are we behind the times? How long will it be before strong 4g is everywhere same as 3G? I'm curious how much 4g there is in the rest of the world?

I'm lucky enough to live in a LTE area. I think the search issue that some of the other 4G LTE phones have experienced has been fixed in the Bionic. I usually have my phones 2 years so I try to think of features at least a year ahead.
Verizon plans on having 2/3rds of the population covered in the next year.

Professor, from a laymen. Does the dual core chip not in some way make up for it not being 4g?
How much faster is 4g? And isn't 4g LTE actually not 4g but a 'light' version hence the LTE which isn't really faster at all? (that's only what I've read and heard, not my thoughts)

I only want one because it's new and cool and with one I'll be even cooler myself :laugh:

LTE = Long term evolution and it is smoking fast on the data side compared to all the others.

I'm thinking about looking for a used iphone 4 for the Verizon network and wait 4-5 months. I'm ready to ditch AT&T now regardless

im a sprint customer cause their plans r the cheapest. ill likely wait till the I5 comes out tho to upgrade. I had the I4 and didnt like it and ended up returning it and switching back to sprint as a carrier

IPhone fan here.!!!! Bought the very first one when it came out and I currently have a 4. I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. I thought apple was releasing something that was going leave all the others WAYYY!!! behind. Like when the first iPod came out kind of thing. I've been eligible for upgrade for a few months now and was just waiting on the iPhone 5. I'm going to buy the 4s anyways. I was just hopping it was going to run on 4g like my friend's thunder bolt from Verizon which, compared to my iPhone 4 it's super fast. :-( I guess we'll have seat back and wait another year!!

I only continue to use AT&T because when I get off a plane in a strange airport I can turn it on and it instantly recognizes and works on other carriers. I get off in Frankfurt and it recogs Vodafone. Im in Heathrow and it joins T Mobile. That's important traveling with a family and you need to call someone or someplace.

LTE = Long term evolution and it is smoking fast on the data side compared to all the others.

I'm thinking about looking for a used iphone 4 for the Verizon network and wait 4-5 months. I'm ready to ditch AT&T now regardless

Rick come down to the house this weekend and you can play with my Bionic and you will want one....

Not much 4G in KC! VZW has no plans for the foreseeable future to deploy it. ATT has said maybe by EOY 2011...

I've been using iOS 5 for a few months - as long as they have been doing developer betas...pretty impressive! They released the GM seed to developers today; it's nice! Now I'm torn whether to upgrade to 5 or wait 'til the untethered jailbreak is out. Hrmmmm.

My iPhone is 4.3.3 jailbroken, but I' have iOS 5 on my iPad...it rocks!

Last edited:

Completly agree, the iPhone has better battery life because it isn't 4g which consumed a little more juice, I will take 4g over 3g any day. My thunderbolt gets a full day off one charge·

Via thunderbolt!

Back