Vimeo or Youtube?

Gpmo

Registered
So i just got a GoPro, and trying to figure out what site will be the best for uploading videos. For those of you that do any opinions or experiences to help me make my choice? YouTube or Vimeo?

I know i can use both at the same time but i may melt with to many possibilities.

Thanks in advance.

utube 4 sure. more exposure. if ur makn a MC vid no one wants to hear ur uploaded music. ur bike makes its own music....:laugh:

Rofl I have been going back and forth between turning background sound on or off.

As for exposure, I mainly making vids for folks here and friends of mine to see.

The only other thing I have been struggling with is how long should I make them.

About 3 minutes on length. Anything more and I'm falling asleep.

If you push 5 min, it better be pro-quality.

On of my all time favorites ever is this one: This is 4:30 & shot with GoPro's.

[video=youtube_share;EglLi6nZnZU]http://youtu.be/EglLi6nZnZU[/video]

I love that vid. Watched it several times.

Your thoughts are interesting Pashnit, thanks for your input. I've been going back and trying to watch all the member made vids that I can. It seems there are both types, full runs and 2-4 min segments. Some movies with music some with motor noise.

We have some great runs here that are 20 or so mins and make good vids. Half is to remind friends or show them the whole route we ride and half is to share with you all. Trying to break those up of push em to 5,10, or 15 mins is hard to decide.

What about flat cuts from one image to the next with out transitions? Which do you all like better?

On of my all time favorites ever is this one: This is 4:30 & shot with GoPro's.

[video=youtube_share;EglLi6nZnZU]http://youtu.be/EglLi6nZnZU[/video]

Awesome Video! :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Depends on what I am doing. If I include music, I will usually upload to vimeo. I get comments from users on both sites, but I prefer youtube when I can use it. I dont like having my music censored. Also, vimeo has a limit to what you can upload per week, my youtube account is so old I can pretty much upload what I want. Pashnit is correct, dont make any videos over 5 minutes, people lose interest.

Back