new ford flex.... what do you think of this deal?

mynewride

Registered
my wife has a 08 mazda six i-touring...leather, bose etc. it has 47,000 miles. has minor damage from curb rub on front bumper on bottom. has spider crack on rear bumper from small bump on ice last year. has tear in front pass. leather. has tear in rear leather. both tears are from puppy nail punctures. anyhow the car is flawless other than those minor issues. anyhow kbb lists retail at 16,600 and private party at 13,200. they offered us 13000 trade in.

now for the 09 flex sel. flawless period. has upgraded 12 speaker sony sound. is metallic red. 3rd row seats. rear air. again its flawless. kbb says retail 26,600. private party value 22,800. they are at 22,600 on the flex. offering more money as we were going to leave. anyhow they talked us into taking it home for the night.

so what do you guys think. i think they are being fair. i figured on about 10,900 trade in. so im going to see what they say tomorrow. i guess they want the flex gone. we will be positive equity of about 1700 on the mazda

Ok I see. What's dealer fee?

So they dehorsed you huh?
Yep your name is already on the sold log! :)

How many miles are on the Flex? Go back and act uninterested. There's more $ on the table.

'ah here's your keys WE ARE GONNA THINK ABOUT IT' :)

See how desperate they get to sign you up. I guarantee when you walk in tomorrow they will act like and assume that your done. Work them for a FORD WRAPAROUND WARRANTY W/ZERO DEDUCTIBLE.

Your close and so are they. Nothing id be afraid of myself but I think you'll get another gee whiz or so out of them.
Lastly have you checked their website? Chances are the Flex is listed on the Internet for less than they are selling it to you for.

What rate are they trying to close you at? Have you checked your credit union for what their finance rates are?
Excellent credit on a clean newer preowned vehicle the rates should be low.

It sounds like a decent deal I just don't want you to get all excited and rush into anything.

I love the he'll out of my flex. Follow blanc's advice and you can't go wrong. Its cheap to insure too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Your dealer is gonna hate me :)

Current black book...
5c073a22.jpg

2009 Flex....
443e4034.jpg

If it's a two wheel drive average book on it is $19,450. I'd bet or guess whichever one you want they own it for right under average book. Probably between $18-19k. Your trade is probably not worth the $13 they are showing you. So they are holding gross from the Flex to show you a higher trade value. This is why you took it home.

Trade is probably worth around $10,500-11...
f9bee4ec.jpg

Showing you $13 in trade holding around $2500-3k in gross means they are over allowing you about $1500 and probably making $1-2k on you still in deal.

Tell them you want another $1k in the mix and a warranty and see what they offer you.

That is where I was headed in my previous post Blanca. I gladly hand the car buying tutorial over to you now.
They offer 13 for his and 22.6 for the flex and finance 24k+.
via Tapatalk

We would only be financing around 21500. My wife is very good at giving the "dealer stare" and walking out! She also works for a bank and get get between 1.9 and 2.9 % financing. We won't finance through the dealership! The bottom line is that we love the vehicle and need it with kid number two almost here, but the wife makes the ultimate decision and she's hard to convince!!! We did this on our Mazda a couple years ago and walked out... they then called us back and gave us way over our trade value on a broke down old blazer! Thanks for the feedback!

Can I get the ford wrap around warranty through mazda. Davis moore sells everything but ford. Id realyy like that warranty. So concensus is I should be able to get another grand off and warranty. My wife tried to be smooth earlier with her post. This is her money and her car. Her payment.she hates dealing with car dealers. I think its a challenge to see who will give the most. I either win or I quit if I don't get what I want.

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Can I get the ford wrap around warranty through mazda. Davis moore sells everything but ford. Id realyy like that warranty. So concensus is I should be able to get another grand off and warranty. My wife tried to be smooth earlier with her post. This is her money and her car. Her payment.she hates dealing with car dealers. I think its a challenge to see who will give the most. I either win or I quit if I don't get what I want.

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

She will love it. My wife calls ours the shagin wagon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back