Busa-1 Deer-0

AV8R_Murf

Registered
Encountered a deer on the way home today. Slowed down, gave the Busa a couple quick twists of the throttle. Busa growled, deer got the #e!! outta Dodge. I love my Busa. :laugh:

Nice that it turned out well.Many deer out here as well but think my busa is loud enough for them to hear.HIDs help also.

everyone thinks im crazy...but i almost never see any deer..except for tail up and running like mad...if i am traveling in a known deer area..i accelerate decelerate accelerate decelerate...once every 5-10 seconds....its the change of pitch that spooks them and sends them running...

came around a blind corner at 40 or so, 4 damn deer strung across the road. laid into the brakes, stood the bike up, and revved the snot out of it. they moved. fast.

just remember deer never travel alone. if u see one fly accross of the road slow down to a crawl because another one or two may follow unless u happen to have seen the last one in the pack but there is no way to know at night if that was the first or last one in the pack.

I remember about 5 years ago a deer ran out in front of me and I slammed on the brakes and the dumb biatch behind me was blowing her horn at me for slowing so fast and suddenly passed me and clipped the second deer floowing the first as she went around me. she damaged her front right headlight pretty bad as well as her hood. I seen her at the next traffic light and said "nice goin, try exercising some common sense next time dumbass". lol she gave me the finger and told me to fukoff and then turned off. just cant fix stupid!

Thanks everyone. Yah, I'm sure glad it turned out that way too. Deer always scare the crap out of me when I'm on the bike (the car too for that matter). I'm glad I could turn the tables this time.

everyone thinks im crazy...but i almost never see any deer..except for tail up and running like mad...if i am traveling in a known deer area..i accelerate decelerate accelerate decelerate...once every 5-10 seconds....its the change of pitch that spooks them and sends them running...
Nope...it's the knowledge that you have a deer rifle strapped to one side of your bike, an AK47 on the other, and a 9mm in your jacket pocket. I'd run like hell too!

Glad you came out ok. You need to get these things on video....

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to hit a deer at 45 MPH 7-25-10. Broke my leg, sprained my shoulder and generally really hurt! Have installed a Kuraykn Powered Deer Alert. Makes me feel like I have a better chance at not hitting one.

Bike 2011 008.jpg

Bike 2011 016.jpg

Back