Anyone ever watch Restrepo?

Gpmo

Registered
Anyone seen this documentary or read the book War by Sebastion Junger.

I found them to both be fantastic and love the lack of pressure towards left or right or solutions. It seemed to be just how it is. Very intense for a civilian like me to see.

Thoughts?

just bought it on Bluray. Imo its the best documentary ever made. I have watched it at least 10 times and enjoy it more every time. It gives those who really dont know what our military guys go thru on those missions a real insight to just how dangerous fighting in the Korangal valley really was. The most dangerous place on earth is a well deserved name.

Tim Hetherington was killed a few months back filming another documentary in Libia. I can only imagine it would have been great.

the place was in the middle of nowhere and was serving little purpose for our troops to be there which is why they pulled out last year. its a shame good soldiers had to die there but I guess they were trying to prevent future terroists from blowing more buildings up. God bless those that gave their life there and were wounded doing what soldiers do which is follow orders and fight. talk about a long deployment! that makes working as a cop in any violent city like taking a trip to disney land.

- Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've watched it too on National Geographic here in Singapore. By far the best of the best documentary I've watched.

I think the fact that they were able to put together an entire book and movie that did nothing to try and persuade you to an opinion is amazing. I never felt that they wanted me to think any one way or another.

I should buy it on blue ray. In fact I will now.

Did you read the book also? It was fantastic a lot more information was given.

to be honest I didnt even know there was a book. Im definately gonna get that now. I can only imagine how great the book would be. I looked high and low for it on Bluray and finally found it at Best Buy in an adjacent state. it was WAY better in bluray. almost like seeing it for the first time agian. did they give any more detail on how Sgt Rugal was killed?

yes, some friends told me about it and I thought it was a very good doc, they should do some more and let people see what happens in the real world.

agreed. fantastic film. some of my nco's were in that valley, they said the film is dead on accurate.

I own both the movie and the book. Read the book first and then saw the documentary.
Both are fantastic. I need to get the book back from a co-worker. When I do I will send it out to someone who wants to read it. A real eye opener.

I own both the movie and the book. Read the book first and then saw the documentary.
Both are fantastic. I need to get the book back from a co-worker. When I do I will send it out to someone who wants to read it. A real eye opener.

Same here on the order

I would also be willing to share my copy if anyone is interested PM me.

I'd like to see it Lurch..

Back