Where were you?

papi_ocho

Registered
I had been a corporal for 11 days. Stationed in NC. I was sitting on the spade of my M88! Eating a blue slush I got from the gut truck. Remember running to the HAZ-MAT office to listen to the radio. It felt fake. My stomach was turned. It was just an insane notion that this could happen, did happen. God,Country,Corps. Where were you?

I was at work, listening to the radio. At first it was thought to be maybe an accidental crash, but then the second tower was hit..

Still kind of surreal thinking back on it, even after 10 years.

I was on my daily walk when I got a phone call from my husband asking if I knew anything about it. I ran home, turned the TV on and don't think I quit crying for a week.

Asleep. I was working nights then. The wife called and woke me up telling me what was happening. I stayed up the rest of the day watching the news.

tapatalked

I was in Salina , Ks giving a Heavy Equipment Seminar . We turned on the TV in the Conference room and watched the events unfold. Very Sad day in the History of the USA !!!

Laying on the couch listening to Bob and Tom on the radio. I knew something was off cause all of a sudden it got real serious on the show.

10th grade, mr. smucker's computer class. all classes ended at that time to watch the news. we all went to our next classes but everyone had the tv on.

At home getting ready for work watching the morning news when first one hit.
Newscasters thought it was an accident but no wait how could it and then the second one hit.
I'd thrown a tape in and was recording a couple mins after the first one and didn't stop recording for almost four days straight.
I've still got the box of VHS tapes but haven't seen them in a long time as I have no VCR.

Sad to see only about 1000 people at the wtc memorial this morning. Should be a Natl holiday.

was home from work sick and was glued to the tv, its crazy watching all of this on tv this morning again, I agree 100% it should be made a Holiday.God bless everyone and there family for what they gave on this day 10 short years ago.

Just starting out the day at work (in Texas); could not believe what was happening. Rushed back home, checked the survival kit and strapped up (Did not carry it that day) filled the vehicles in case I needed to defend the homeland at home.
Ready...

I was on duty at the Naval Academy (USMC) just got done posting the guards and was pouring a cup of coffee when the **** hit the fan.

I was a SSgt and stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England. It was nearly the end of the day and we were sitting around BS'ing about something or other when some one came through our office and said the WTC was on fire. We thought, well that would be better to watch than what we were doing so we got up and went to the break room. As soon as I saw the footage, I knew we were not seeing a normal office fire. Shortly after that, another plane hit the tower and we went into lock down and started securing our assets that we had on base. I called my wife and told her not to leave the house and I would be home when I could be.

Shortly after that I deployed to Pakistan in support of the Predator drones to start the long hunt for the *******s that tried to break our spirit.

I love how the country pulled together after the attack. Most of the homes in the entire country had American flags flying from them and you could see the pride in their eyes.

i just switched the telly on after returning home 5 days early from a terrible holiday place:banghead:

the first tower had just been hit and thought WHAT A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT

then the second !!!!

i really thought it was WW3 starting and expected Mr Bush to nuke somewhere asap

terrible thing to witness and must have been surreal living near the event.

10 yrs on and im not sure much has changed our young men are still dying in the hope of changing a belief we in the west dont or wont ever understand as its thousands of years old and alien to us.

one day maybe we will live in peace but it wont happen in any of our or our children's children's life times i feel.

I was at work, as I walked through the Tool & Die Shop, someone with a radio on asked me if I had heard...?....he told me a plane had crashed into the WTC...I asked, "you mean like a cessna?"...no he said, `a large passenger jet`. I went back to the department where I worked (satelite machine shop in a large factory) and told the journeyman I was serving my apprenticeship with, turned on the radio, then cut the lock off 2nd shift locker which had a TV. Watched the second jet hit...
It was strange, just two weeks earlier I made a comment to the guy I worked with about how everytime I read through the USA Today there is another terrorist attack...AND feeling somewhat relieved we live in the USA and glad that crap don`t happen here.
Everyone was relieved from work early.
My thoughts at the time were that someone needs to pay dearly for this......everytime I see it replayed on TV it again makes me have very `hatefull` thoughts, that are best kept to myself.

I was getting ready to go take a calc. 101 test. My sister called and told me to turn on the TV. I remember looking at the first tower burning and thinking it was just pilot error. After watching the second one get hit I no longer had that luxury.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

Back