I’m out of here!

lil charlie

Registered
Some of you may remember me b**chin about my job and how my boss takes credit for everything I do and pays me in peanuts, constantly increases my work load and never thanks me for coming in early and staying late every day. I have been with these guys for over 12 years and I have finely had enough. I put my resume together (thanks again Busa Jules for fixing the spelling and grammar) and put it out for all to see. I found a job working for a company that does the exact same thing as me and even buys their products from the same venders. The only difference is that this company is in a larger market place and can afford to pay me what I’m worth. I have asked my boss for a raise several times and I always get the same answer, “if you don’t like it go find another jobâ€￾. Well, I took his advice and now he’s begging me to stay. I just scored myself a raise of $22,560 a year, my health insurance is now paid for in full by my employer, I get a company gas card to use whenever I want, and they have a 401K that he matches 5%. The gas card alone will save me $300 a month and I have no 401K where im at now. I will get yearend bonuses that range from $1000.00 to $15,000.00 depending on the amount of business I bring in and my salary is only a starting point. The company I work for now could never afford to pay me close to what the new company is starting me at, let alone increase it as time goes on. The only bad part about is I need to relocate my family to Houston Texas. I grew up in Washington DC and swore I would never move back to a major city but living in a small town has only gotten me small pay so if I want to support my family the way I want I need to move to a larger market place soooooooooo Houston here I come. Houston is not all that bad; I have a couple of cushions who live there so I have some support. I can’t wait to start the next chapter in our life and Im looking forward to moving to Houston!

Good for you. Sometimes you just need to do these things. Luck with the new job and Congrats.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

It feels good to know that someones else can see what Im worth and wants to bring me aboard. Im ready to start, they want me Nov 1.

My wife is 31 and has lived her entire life here in southeastern Arizona. The farthest east she has ever gone is New Mexico and I took her to San Diego twice to visit my brother. Shes never been farther north than the grand canyon so AZ is all she knows. She has been bugging me to mover her anywhere other than AZ since the day we decided to move in together. The whole family is ready to go. My 13yr old daughter said she wants to go where the cute guys are. I told her sorry, texas has no cute guys.

It feels good to know that someones else can see what Im worth and wants to bring me aboard. Im ready to start, they want me Nov 1.

I understand your Passion and skillset......................What I am Worth ?...........................Just stay humble :rulez:

way to go man...good job...i wish you good luck and happiness!!

I understand your Passion and skillset......................What I am Worth ?...........................Just stay humble :rulez:

Im humble... just excited. I know people in houston doing what I do for 20k more than what im going to be making. I plan on proving myself so I can make that much too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Good for you and your family! I did the same thing (twice) and never regreted it.

congrats! glad to hear things are working out for you :beerchug:

I hope things work out well for you lil charlie.

I went the other way.
I walked away from a skilled job and good $$
for a no-preasure job in a much better place
and achieved better "quality of life".

Back