Think I'll avoid IHOP restaurants for a while....

Warchild

Banned
Daaaaaaaaaaaayumn!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

3 dead, six wounded in shooting at Nevada restaurant

Ralph Swagler, owner of another restaurant near the IHOP told the Reno Gazette-Journal that he witnessed the shooting. Swagler said he saw a man wearing a red shirt and black shorts pull up to the IHOP in blue minivan. The man then pulled out a rifle and shot a man on a motorcycle, then walked inside IHOP and started shooting, Swagler told the newspaper.

g-cvr-110906-ihop-11a.grid-8x2.jpg

To much of this happening. Any more to the story? Nevermind, I just read the link.

I`m still curious about a motive, or the guy was just a nutjob?
Everytime I learn of a good man (like yourself twotone) getting his CCW permit, the better.
I wonder if any of the Guard were armed, and if not WHY?

even here national guard only armed on actual manuvers... Bubba could answer better

I`m still curious about a motive, or the guy was just a nutjob?
Everytime I learn of a good man (like yourself twotone) getting his CCW permit, the better.
I wonder if any of the Guard were armed, and if not WHY?

Odds are...none of the Guard members were armed. Its against Army regs...which is total BS. IMHO....all military should be allowed to CCW while in uniform...no matter where they are....unless there are laws prohibiting you from doing so.

Your military ID should be right there with your CCW and firearm.

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I am reassured by knowing there is yet another amateur in my midst with a firearm and a hero mentality.

I would rather be an amateur with a gun and a fighting chance than dead on the ground, or worse yet looking at on of my kids dead on the ground. I take my glock everywhere. Better to have and not need then need and not have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guess if the terrible food there doesnt get you, a drive by will.I exercise my second amendment rights.

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I am reassured by knowing there is yet another amateur in my midst with a firearm and a hero mentality.

Yeah.. I'd remember that as I fall back on my over 14 years of military combat training, small arm expert training, over 7 combat deployments and 3 years of law enforcement training... Don't worry, I'd make sure I'd stay away from where you were at.

Yeah.. I'd remember that as I fall back on my over 14 years of military combat training, small arm expert training, over 7 combat deployments and 3 years of law enforcement training... Don't worry, I'd make sure I'd stay away from where you were at.

I think you qualify as an amateur! :lol:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I stand corrected. Please forgive my assumptions. You're possibly the only one here that would have been handy to have around in this situation.

But I hear this outcry for everyone to carry a handgun every time something like this happens and it totally misses the point. The ONLY western country this happens in regularly is the US (one notable exception recently of course). Why is this? Are there more nutjobs here than in Europe? Are people here naturally more violent? Of course not. There is one and only one difference and that's the ease of obtaining weapons here. If any moron who loses his job and wants retribution can walk into a WalMart and buy a handgun what do you think is going to happen?

Another assumption.
Ya know what? I give....you are all perfectly qualified to carry a weapon, you would all have responded appropriately to this situation, not a single person would have died had you been there to save them, and we should all thank God for you. I am stunned with so many people out there who, like you all, carry a handgun everywhere they go and have lightening-fast reflexes and hit everything they aim at from whatever distance they shoot from that this can happen at all. Yet somehow it still does. With startling and horrifying regularity.

Go figure!

Another assumption.

Agreed. There are many members on the .org who come from military, law enforcement, and other backgrounds with extensive combat/weapons training.

I bet you'd be surprised how many of us are wired to run toward and neutralize a threat when others are running away.

I stand corrected. Please forgive my assumptions. You're possibly the only one here that would have been handy to have around in this situation.

But I hear this outcry for everyone to carry a handgun every time something like this happens and it totally misses the point. The ONLY western country this happens in regularly is the US (one notable exception recently of course). Why is this? Are there more nutjobs here than in Europe? Are people here naturally more violent? Of course not. There is one and only one difference and that's the ease of obtaining weapons here. If any moron who loses his job and wants retribution can walk into a WalMart and buy a handgun what do you think is going to happen?

I feel I need to make a point since you have made this stance. It is not the fact that someone who would have been there could have stopped the whole thing. That could only be determined if that was the outcome. Simply put, if anyone there was armed, at least there would have been a chance. State laws vary, and I doubt I would have pulled a weapon to defend other people, only if MY life or my families was a stake could I have pulled to defend myself. Imagine the outcome if someone did pull and shot innocent people. All the anti gun freaks would have field day with that wouldnt they. You say that firearms are easier to get here than in Europe. I say not really, it is just easier to get them LEGALLY here. Sure we can ban all firearms that can be obtained legally. See where I am going........people will still have them. Then only law abiding citizens would be the ones that didnt have them. The main difference between the US and other countries is we suck at prosecuting criminals. We let them walk, care about their rights, and turn them back onto the streets. Other countries dont put up with type of behavior and impose strict discipline and penalties. Go steal something in another country and see what happens, much less commit murder. And for the record, you cant buy a handgun at my Walmart. I certainly respect your position, however, I disagree.
One more point, New York has some of the strictest gun laws, and yet they had over 40 shootings over the 3 day weekend. Thank you Mr Bloomburg, can you explain?
In closing, things are not always black and white, there are grey areas. Walk into a Ryans Steak House anywhere in Texas and pull a gun. See how many more are pulled on you by law abiding citizens. Just sayin......

Back