Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Think I'll avoid IHOP restaurants for a while....

Banned
    High Desert in southeast Washington state

Default Think I'll avoid IHOP restaurants for a while....

Daaaaaaaaaaaayumn!!

3 dead, six wounded in shooting at Nevada restaurant

Ralph Swagler, owner of another restaurant near the IHOP told the Reno Gazette-Journal that he witnessed the shooting. Swagler said he saw a man wearing a red shirt and black shorts pull up to the IHOP in blue minivan. The man then pulled out a rifle and shot a man on a motorcycle, then walked inside IHOP and started shooting, Swagler told the newspaper.

Member of P.E.A.
    Images

Default Re: Think I'll avoid IHOP restaurants for a while....

To much of this happening. Any more to the story? Nevermind, I just read the link.
    Do you know God? http://www.lifechurch.tv/

Its a Jeep thing, you wouldnt understand!

Professional Pilot

I`m still curious about a motive, or the guy was just a nutjob?
    Everytime I learn of a good man (like yourself twotone) getting his CCW permit, the better.
    I wonder if any of the Guard were armed, and if not WHY?

Professional Pilot

Sometimes people do the dumbest crap... exactly why I ALWAYS carry when I go out.
    Scott
    2008 Busa: Suzuki Gel Seat, Scorpio Alarm, Pazzo Adj Levers, Buell Peg Mod,M4 Retro Drag Exhaust, Rear end lowering kit, Puig Z Racing Screen, Undertail Kit, DDM 55W HID Kit, LED markers, Trash Can Trunk, Galfer steel braided lines F&R, EBC HH pads

Someone must have finished the last of the pancakes...

Hayabusa Immortal

Images

Sounds like it was concerns brought up about him earlier. Prayers to the families.
    Doug C. Playing pool and going FAST (Check out car pics) http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/dCarter53/

GM of Haya's in the Hills

even here national guard only armed on actual manuvers... Bubba could answer better
    2006 LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HMF Dual High Mount with polished cans and vector tips,USB PC3,BMC air filter.
    ESD motorsports chrome G3 plateholder
    Diamond Powersport bar tips,Top Gun Undertail
    Ducati 900SS (retired lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Gitonit! View Post
    I`m still curious about a motive, or the guy was just a nutjob?
    Everytime I learn of a good man (like yourself twotone) getting his CCW permit, the better.
    I wonder if any of the Guard were armed, and if not WHY?
    Odds are...none of the Guard members were armed. Its against Army regs...which is total BS. IMHO....all military should be allowed to CCW while in uniform...no matter where they are....unless there are laws prohibiting you from doing so.

Your military ID should be right there with your CCW and firearm.
    Gitonit! and Rooster Rider007 like this.
    T-Rex

Every man has a plan....until he gets punched in the face...

Seasoned Beef

Prayers sent to all
    Robert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 04Duramax View Post
    Sometimes people do the dumbest crap... exactly why I ALWAYS carry when I go out.
    Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I am reassured by knowing there is yet another amateur in my midst with a firearm and a hero mentality.

I said Good Day!
    Images

Todays day you arent safe anywhere

Hayabusa Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Tekken View Post
    Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I am reassured by knowing there is yet another amateur in my midst with a firearm and a hero mentality.
    I would rather be an amateur with a gun and a fighting chance than dead on the ground, or worse yet looking at on of my kids dead on the ground. I take my glock everywhere. Better to have and not need then need and not have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    If you have to ask me why...you wouldn't understand!!
    &
    Don't mess with Vabs....she's a sneaky one!

Hayabusa Legend

Guess if the terrible food there doesnt get you, a drive by will.I exercise my second amendment rights.

Professional Pilot

Yeah.. I'd remember that as I fall back on my over 14 years of military combat training, small arm expert training, over 7 combat deployments and 3 years of law enforcement training... Don't worry, I'd make sure I'd stay away from where you were at.
    Scott
    2008 Busa: Suzuki Gel Seat, Scorpio Alarm, Pazzo Adj Levers, Buell Peg Mod,M4 Retro Drag Exhaust, Rear end lowering kit, Puig Z Racing Screen, Undertail Kit, DDM 55W HID Kit, LED markers, Trash Can Trunk, Galfer steel braided lines F&R, EBC HH pads

Almost......

Images

Yeah.. I'd remember that as I fall back on my over 14 years of military combat training, small arm expert training, over 7 combat deployments and 3 years of law enforcement training... Don't worry, I'd make sure I'd stay away from where you were at.
    I think you qualify as an amateur!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Bret Lawson
    "He who teaches himself has a fool for a master"- Ben Franklin
    "When you come to the fork in the road, take it"- Yogi Berra

Banned

I stand corrected. Please forgive my assumptions. You're possibly the only one here that would have been handy to have around in this situation.

But I hear this outcry for everyone to carry a handgun every time something like this happens and it totally misses the point. The ONLY western country this happens in regularly is the US (one notable exception recently of course). Why is this? Are there more nutjobs here than in Europe? Are people here naturally more violent? Of course not. There is one and only one difference and that's the ease of obtaining weapons here. If any moron who loses his job and wants retribution can walk into a WalMart and buy a handgun what do you think is going to happen?

I stand corrected. Please forgive my assumptions. You're possibly the only one here that would have been handy to have around in this situation.............
    Another assumption.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1 wheel peel View Post
    Another assumption.
    Ya know what? I give....you are all perfectly qualified to carry a weapon, you would all have responded appropriately to this situation, not a single person would have died had you been there to save them, and we should all thank God for you. I am stunned with so many people out there who, like you all, carry a handgun everywhere they go and have lightening-fast reflexes and hit everything they aim at from whatever distance they shoot from that this can happen at all. Yet somehow it still does. With startling and horrifying regularity.

Go figure!

Professional Booga Flicka

Quote Originally Posted by 1 wheel peel View Post
    Another assumption.
    Agreed. There are many members on the .org who come from military, law enforcement, and other backgrounds with extensive combat/weapons training.

I bet you'd be surprised how many of us are wired to run toward and neutralize a threat when others are running away.
    "You can live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in a lifetime." - Don Williams

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
    2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Off Road
    2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa (RIP) -> The Crash

Member of P.E.A.
    Images

I stand corrected. Please forgive my assumptions. You're possibly the only one here that would have been handy to have around in this situation.

But I hear this outcry for everyone to carry a handgun every time something like this happens and it totally misses the point. The ONLY western country this happens in regularly is the US (one notable exception recently of course). Why is this? Are there more nutjobs here than in Europe? Are people here naturally more violent? Of course not. There is one and only one difference and that's the ease of obtaining weapons here. If any moron who loses his job and wants retribution can walk into a WalMart and buy a handgun what do you think is going to happen?
    I feel I need to make a point since you have made this stance. It is not the fact that someone who would have been there could have stopped the whole thing. That could only be determined if that was the outcome. Simply put, if anyone there was armed, at least there would have been a chance. State laws vary, and I doubt I would have pulled a weapon to defend other people, only if MY life or my families was a stake could I have pulled to defend myself. Imagine the outcome if someone did pull and shot innocent people. All the anti gun freaks would have field day with that wouldnt they. You say that firearms are easier to get here than in Europe. I say not really, it is just easier to get them LEGALLY here. Sure we can ban all firearms that can be obtained legally. See where I am going........people will still have them. Then only law abiding citizens would be the ones that didnt have them. The main difference between the US and other countries is we suck at prosecuting criminals. We let them walk, care about their rights, and turn them back onto the streets. Other countries dont put up with type of behavior and impose strict discipline and penalties. Go steal something in another country and see what happens, much less commit murder. And for the record, you cant buy a handgun at my Walmart. I certainly respect your position, however, I disagree.
    One more point, New York has some of the strictest gun laws, and yet they had over 40 shootings over the 3 day weekend. Thank you Mr Bloomburg, can you explain?
    In closing, things are not always black and white, there are grey areas. Walk into a Ryans Steak House anywhere in Texas and pull a gun. See how many more are pulled on you by law abiding citizens. Just sayin......
    Flicka, MO-BUSA and Bosshound like this.
    Do you know God? http://www.lifechurch.tv/

Its a Jeep thing, you wouldnt understand!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast