Lindsay opening cards!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Guys I want to say a quick thank you to all of you who sent cards to Lindsay. We have made two runs up to her to take what you have sent.. I can't tell you how excited she was as we explained things to her and why you guys were sending her letters. Honestly I thought I would be okay with things, how emotional could it be right? Kristie opened the letters for her and read the cards and letters out loud to her, I have to tell you that it was honestly a very humbling experience to see. As Kristie read the very heart felt cards and letters to Lindsay she was obviously very overwhelmed and it just brought tears to my eyes.. The awesome encouragement you guys sent to her was awesome, my sister is in awe of the kindness you all are showing, she still doesn't understand why strangers are sending cards and notes to her daughter to pick her up. Here are a few pics from both days. I haven't been able to get back up there since the past 4 days have been consumed by the forum upgrade.

KNG_7103.jpg

KNG_7123.jpg

KNG_7124.jpg

KNG_7140.jpg

Lot's of laughs for sure.... The card was a hit Blanca
KNG_7114.jpg

Lindsay is signing "Thank You" normally in sign you would go from your shoulder but her arm wont move that far so it's modified.
KNG_7118.jpg

If you read the card it says "This card contains a virtual hug.. Put one side on each cheek...
KNG_7122.jpg

She loved the necklace packed in Rose Petals... what girl wouldn't? The letter was touching!
KNG_7128.jpg

Can you tell she likes the gift?
KNG_7131.jpg

KNG_7136.jpg

KNG_7103.jpg

KNG_7123.jpg

KNG_7124.jpg

KNG_7140.jpg

KNG_7114.jpg

KNG_7118.jpg

KNG_7122.jpg

KNG_7128.jpg

KNG_7131.jpg

KNG_7136.jpg

Last edited:
Hey that's great. I see she's hugging my 'postal hug' :)
I saved her address and plan on dropping one in the mail every now and then.

KNG_7144.jpg

Someone had a blue snowcone before we got there
KNG_7143.jpg

Lindsay is signing to you Orgster "Thank you" for thinking of her
KNG_7139.jpg

Thank you all again........

cap

KNG_7143.jpg

KNG_7144.jpg

KNG_7139.jpg

I'm so glad members here are stepping up and doing what they do best. This place is the best

:thumbsup:

Via DROID X

this is a wonderful thing and makes me so proud to be a member here! :beerchug:

This is so awesome! I'll be getting my card out soon. Hopefully she will be getting some for months to come.

Nice! great to see the love!

BTW, I cant help pointing this out. Some of us clearly do better with computers. As a whole our handwriting is atrocious if the adresses were any indication. LOL.

Lindsay is signing "Thank You" normally in sign you would go from your shoulder but her arm wont move that far so it's modified.

Cap, its where you are mistaken. Lindsay did it just right. It IS HOW we sign "Thank You" in ASL (America Sign Language).

[The sign for "thank you" is made by starting with the fingers of your dominant hand near your lips. Your hand should be a "flat hand." Move your hand forward and a bit down in the direction of the person you are thanking.]

Btw, expect package coming to your way, Lindsay. :thumbsup:

What a great smile she has. Hope to see more pics of her smiling. Good job people. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Amazing.....

Tugs at the heart strings. I hope what people are sending in helps her feel better.

Amazing.....

Tugs at the heart strings. I hope what people are sending in helps her feel better.

It's almost too simple Rodney, a simple note to a lonely girl changes outlook, attitude and offers hope all for .32 cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back