quick computer help

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
A friend sent me an attachment thru email and I need to move it to a folder , How do I move it ? Do I open the attachment and move it or just move it before I open it ?? Thanks

If you are moving it to a folder outside of the email you can open and save as you mentioned or you can (typically) right click the attachment and click save/save as and select the directory you are wanting to save in.

He sent it using Micro soft word , I am moving it to an outside folder .. If I open it and right click it save or save as doesnt show as an option...

Next to the attachment does it say download? Just click download and tell it where you want it.

If you the attachment opened in Word, go up to the top of the screen and click on File and then click Save As.

Open the attachment, go to "file" down to "save as"

When the window pops up you will see where you are saving to, probably "my documents". You can change that to any location. Use desktop if you want to find it quick. Then save.

Once its on your desk top you can drag it and drop it anywhere you want.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok When I sent the email it has 8 attachments but I only need 2 of them . It does say next to the attachments ( download all) ..
When I open 1 of the attachments It doesnt say File anywhere ..( open with word non commertial use )

When you open the word doc, in the top left corner you don't see anything like file, tools, options???
Posted via Mobile Device

OK I clicked some weird looking symbol and it opened a list of options , That shoud do it :) Thanks Guys You guys are better than family !!!

Just click stuff until it turns off, blows up or the wife tells you thatS enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

There's a weird looking symbol, just click on it and you'll easily understand the options available. Good luck with it. :whistle:

Back