My Dad could use some extra thoughts today...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
...he's hours away from me...he's at UVA Medical, undergoing cancer treatments again this week. I just got word his BP dropped way too low again and they've not been able to get it up to normal, so he's been taken to ICU.

He could use some good thoughts and prayers today please :please: These latest rounds with IL-2 have been really tough on him...

:hug:

My best goes out to Him and your family M.... Nothing but good thoughts. Hang tough.

prayers sent for him, you, and the rest of the family

I'm praying for him and you Michelle... I know these times are stressful for the whole family. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

Best wishes to him and your family!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone...

I'm staying put for right now, not driving up to be with him because he'd hate that (yes, I asked and he told me not to drive there right now), so it's a long day, just waiting to hear he's been stablized.

Both of his sisters have called me, and they fear he's getting to the point where he'll opt to stop this treatment. It's getting really hard on him :(

I'm staying put for right now, not driving up to be with him because he'd hate that (yes, I asked and he told me not to drive there right now), so it's a long day, just waiting to hear he's been stablized.

VAB,
It's 100% your decision to do what you feel is right for you. But I can tell you with almost 99.9% certainty he is probably saying that to try and comfort you in some way, that way they believe it will not seem as bad as it may be to others and they tend to believe it makes it easier on everyone else if they can try and deal with it themselves. I went thru some of the same things in the beginning with my wife when there were things I had to go get done and she would be either at home or in the hospital. She would say "go get it done I'll be fine, I'll just take a nap or watch tv" and she would call me just for random stuff just to talk. And I could tell as soon as I got back her stress/fear level would just go away to almost nothing, it was almost like as soon as she would see me walk in you could see the worry and fear just wash away from her and she would be able to rest or relax unwillingly. Even though they say it's ok and their fine I believe there's nothing better for them but having loved one's their with them during times like this.

Both of his sisters have called me, and they fear he's getting to the point where he'll opt to stop this treatment. It's getting really hard on him

I know that's a tough thing to hear and something you wish you would never have to. But I guess I have learned that noone knows best except for themselves and their bodies as to how much they can endure. And when they decide they cannot keep going thru it anymore we have to come to terms with it somehow and respect their wishes because we are not the ones having poison put into our bodies and enduring the pain it causes. And then the best medicine for them is love and caring from the ones they love. Cause even during my wife's last hospital stay and she was under sedation the nurses and family would say she knew when I wasn't there beside her(either restroom or get a bite to eat) cause her vitals would just start bouncing around and nothing they did or adjusted made any difference but when I got back they would settle right down. So even sedated they can sense/know who is there with them. And remember even in ICU if(unless something pretty bad is happening)you or mom? or another family member can be with him 24hrs a day if you wish, they may have strict visiting hours and try to make you leave but if you insist and if need be call the head of the hospital and you can stay.

I don't mean to try and make our 2 circumstances seem the same but in a way they may be. My point is if you are close with him it will mean so much to him whether he admits it or not if his close loved ones are there with him. Even though it may just be a bad spell right now and everything can spin around 180 degrees and next week he can be at home enjoying a family cookout, when god forbid the inevitable does happen you both will know you were always there for each other and hopefully you will never question if you should have done anything differently.

Thoughts and Prayers coming your way.....

Back