project blackhawk coming along nicely!

hemi

Registered
blacked out a few more items on the truck this week. Painted the grille myself with duplicolor perfectmatch paint. I was worried like hell for the first few days that i completely ruined my $300 grille shell, but after a little rubbing compound and wax i am happy with the results. Also installed the nfab nerf bars. Was a bit unhappy with the fabrication of these. Passenger side nerf bar is 1/2" longer than the driver side. Welded brackets were about 1/2" off on the drivers side, which made install a pain to get them perfect. Other than those issues, i am really happy with the final result. Still un-decided about the bumpers. Was gonna line-x them, but then thought about powdercoating them gloss black. Now i might check on black replacement oem bumpers bc it will probably be about the same cost. Anyways, what do u guys think about blackhawk

before
029.JPG

005.JPG
after
008.JPG

009.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

029.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

Nice! Rims? Fill in that well!:thumbsup:

that's why i'm blacking pieces out one at a time. Basically working backwards. Was gonna buy some nice black kmc wheels w/bigger tires and was arguin with the wife constantly bc she thinks it's stupid:laugh:. If i get everything transferred to black first, then some new rims in the next year or so and blackhawk will be complete. She thinks i gave up on the wheels/tires, but i just reversed my procedure:rofl:

Have you seen those headlights that have the black surround on them? A member here has them, I forgot who it was though. They would look great on your new truck. Also, any chance in painting the label on the box in the bed?

Looking good though, I like a nice clean looking vehicle as well.

looks good. definately needs some wheels and black outs for tail lights and headlights. my buddy had them on his saleen mustang. he took them off at night. they were pimp.

014.JPG

015.JPG

tail lights already done. I think i might leave blackhawk the way it is now, i kind of like it. If i do black bumpers, i would definitely have to do something about the huuuuge chrome headlights, they would stand out like a sore thumb. Black outs would look sweet, but i had them on my last truck and hated them. Couldn't see crap at night, and who wants to pull off the headlight cover every time they're out drivin at night. Might just call her quits until the wheels come:laugh: I think black wheels with some small chrome accents (kmc rockstars or monsters) would look great

014.JPG

015.JPG

The ones I'm talking about are not black outs and do not make the lights dim. The plastic in the lights that is chrome, is black and the cover is clear like it is now. I hope the member that has them posts soon. It is on a lifted red Ram.

I know exactly what you're talkin about. Guys dis-assemble the headlight and paint the chrome housing black. I have thought about it but don't know if i want to go rippin my headlights apart just yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you're talkin about. Guys dis-assemble the headlight and paint the chrome housing black. I have thought about it but don't know if i want to go rippin my headlights apart just yet

streetbeatcustoms.com/4-Car-Option/Headlights/Dodge-Magnum-4-Car-Option-Halo-LED-Projector-Headlights-_-Black-_-LP_DGMAG05BC_YD/775309/

These are cool, look on eBay, you can find a ton of black Chrome headlights. If I only knew what year and motor you had...
Posted via Mobile Device

think i might pick these up instead of trying to repaint my stockershttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&item=400232454275&viewitem=&category=33710
not a huge fan of the amber strip at the bottom, but i think they would look good

Those are the ones and they would look great in my opinion. This way all of the lighter colors (chrome/alloy) would be on the bottom half of the truck and the front and rear lights would match.

How in the heck does a ford end up in my dodge thread!!!

Don't hate...just trying to show you how I blacked it out. It used to have chrome bumpers, rims...etc Headlights are next!

Back