Honeywell Generators SUCK

quantumracer

Registered
So in mid April I decided to buy a generator to take to the track. Just wanted to run my fans and battery charger, so I figured a 2000 - 2500 watt portable unit would work.

I didn't want to spend the money for a Honda or Yamaha generator, plus, I'm on a suzuki:whistle:

So I purchased a Honeywell 2000i. WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!!! I put less than 12 hours on the stupid thing and it wouldn't stay running, then, last weekend it started leaking oil. WTF? I was pissed; I mean REALLY PISSED!

Thank GOD I bought this thing at the Nay Exchange! I didn't have my receipt, didn't have the box; just a leaking, non running generator. Yea, they took it back and gave me 10% off my new purchase.

I bought a Generac 5000 today. I am already happy with it. Took me 10 minutes to set it up, and two pulls to get it started.

This thing is a monster, but it's only slightly louder than the POS I had before! I think I'll take my Xbox with me next time out! :laugh:

Imagine that, another Honeywell POS. Every HW part we use on the planes suck too

Honda's sweet but not honey, take this POS back n give me my money!!!

I have had the Generac generator you bought for over 5 years, and it is a great unit. Always starts on the first pull, and it ran my whole house for almost a month after a giant ice storm here in KC. They are loud, but well worth the $$$.:thumbsup:

I bought a 5000 Watt Honda generator in 1989 when I was running a siding business for new homes. The only service items I have had to deal with are an ocasional oil change and an ocasional carb cleaning. It has never let me down. As long as the carb is clean, it is super easy to start. Whenever I use it, I turn off the gas supply valve on the tank and run the carb dry to keep it clean.

Honeywell recently reassigned its generator license; Honeywell generator products are now provided by Generac Power Systems, a leading manufacturer of backup power systems in the United States. Honeywell generators are specifically designed with safe and easy operations in mind, utilizing user-friendly controls for easy starting. Honeywell generators are powerful, easy to operate, efficient, and reliable. Current Honeywell products are made from the highest-quality materials to meet portable and backup power needs.

Honeywell recently reassigned its generator license; Honeywell generator products are now provided by Generac Power Systems, a leading manufacturer of backup power systems in the United States. Honeywell generators are specifically designed with safe and easy operations in mind, utilizing user-friendly controls for easy starting. Honeywell generators are powerful, easy to operate, efficient, and reliable. Current Honeywell products are made from the highest-quality materials to meet portable and backup power needs.

google_skynet.jpg

:laugh: Guess he is telling you we got your money anyway :poke: :laugh:

Yeah ok. I think I will just be safe and buy a Honda instead.

Instead of cutting and pasting company propaganda how about addressing the op's concerns.
He said YOUR GENERATORS SUCK. So tell us why they don't, specifically.

Instead of cutting and pasting company propaganda how about addressing the op's concerns.
He said YOUR GENERATORS SUCK. So tell us why they don't, specifically.

Sir you need to quit sugar coating things and tell us how you really feel:poke:
:D

Back