Light Mod to your helmet

Light Mod to your helmet - Would you be interested in lights?

• Yes I think the extra visability is a great idea

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • Yes I like it more for the bling bling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I dont think it would matter much

• No I think I would be made fun of too much

• Total voters

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, in order to try to help the Mad S. I am asking ALL members to please vote in this poll.

You don't have to reply, your vote is anonymous or you can reply and make comments if you wish.

I will post pics I took tonight of my helmet. I had my son wear it as I was snapping shots.

Personally I think it is a great idea (hence why I have them). You stand out more at night, and check out the side profile..

Think about it, most of us have taken our reflectors off, so most of us have no lighting from the side. If you look to the side people will see the lights.

Also keep in mind these lights are shining through a very dark tinted visor, they are even brighter with a clear visor.

Here are the pics

First one is a side view from across the street

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098327578 -->

Dcp_1526.jpg

If anyone wants to see a pic with the visor up (like a clear visor) let me know and I will snap a few

perhaps some HID for those purposes. If you're talkin about visibility, then they need to be a bit brighter.

But that's only IMHO...FWIW.
smile.gif
Definitely a good idea, though.

I think it's a great idea for night riding which i manage to do alot of
wink.gif
granted i don't always care to but it be nice to be able to look down at the map without haveing to pull over and pull out the flash light or take it to the front of the bike.

That and the weird look of it would also make people go huh
biggrin.gif

In case anyone missed the other thread, he are some close ups of where the lights are mounted.

Dcp_1522.jpg

I said it before, I'ss say it again: super trick!!!!

But in all seriousness I bet if a cop had a bad day he could give you a ticket for them. All those laws about neon and led's and extra lighting and headlights (ok maybe not headlights) being a distraction to other drivers.

But nevertheless, I'd buy them in a heartbeat, especially reading the other tread saying that the powersource could be used to hook up other interchangable gadgets. (Especially HUD...can't stop thinking about that one!)

hrmm...that location doesn't impair vision? I was thinking they were attached to the sides of the helmet.

hrmm...that location doesn't impair vision? I was thinking they were attached to the sides of the helmet.
Nope... does not impare my vision.

I can see it. and at night with the dark visor it reflects a little off the visor, but it is like everything else, your brain will tune it out if you let it...

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098343912 -->

I think it's pretty cool, but don't you think it would be more of a distraction to other drivers(WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT!!!) could you post some pic on how you wire the helmet?

That is sweet.....I'd love to get those, what is the cost? The brighter I am the better. That's one reason why I ordered the "Riderlight" system from Signal Dynamics....It turns your helmet into a brake light....

Riderligth

Hey, Thrash just a question. Have you or Mad S ever thought about wiring something that allows you to activate it only when you need it? On my flight helmet I have a mic boom and on that boom I have a liplight that you can activate by pressing your lip against it. You can either continually press the light to keep it on or press a second time to have it stay on. Once on, another press turns it off. Anyway, just an idea.???

Hey, Thrash just a question. Have you or Mad S ever thought about wiring something that allows you to activate it only when you need it? On my flight helmet I have a mic boom and on that boom I have a liplight that you can activate by pressing your lip against it. You can either continually press the light to keep it on or press a second time to have it stay on. Once on, another press turns it off. Anyway, just an idea.???
It has a micro slide switch in the chin bar out of the way. So it is not on all the time..

As a matter of fact I dont normally have it on when i am driving aorund town. Just at night in at times when i want to be seen better.

Back