I LOVE this iPad

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Got my wife one for Christmas (welllll, I might use it a little too). This thing ROCKS!! Highly recommended!

Sir Keith,
I have decided that when they can do video calls I will get one; but in the meantime why do you find it so great?

Sir Keith,
I have decided that when they can do video calls I will get one; but in the meantime why do you find it so great?

Yeah, when the v2 comes out with the camera options I'm going to be an owner. The v4 touch I got for xmas absolutely rocks so i can see some of what you like about it :thumbsup:

The apps for it are great, it works really well and its pretty cool. Lots of new tablets on the way to the market with the Android system, really hoping they help drive some cool stuff in the V2 Ipad.

you silverspoon techy guys with your new toys are going to be extremely upset when skynet becomes "self-aware". :laugh:

but dont worry...i'm still working on carbide core loads for my .308...

oughta pierce right through an ipad! :poke: :rofl:

I agree - the current iPad is neat...but it will be so much better when v2 comes out; it is supposed to have the front-facing camera and also sport a USB port.

you silverspoon techy guys with your new toys are going to be extremely upset when skynet becomes "self-aware". :laugh:

but dont worry...i'm still working on carbide core loads for my .308...

oughta pierce right through an ipad! :poke: :rofl:

Thing is Bill, these things today are a bit pricey, but gen 2 and gen 3 devices (gen 2 already on the market) are *very* affordable compared to the IPad.

V266-3026-main02-mm.jpg

Velocity Micro R101 Android Cruz Reader - 7 Touch Screen Display, 256MB Storage + 4GB Built-in Micro SD, Wi-Fi, MP3 Support, 10 Hours Battery Life, Black at TigerDirect.com

$119 for this one. 7" vs 9" screen and some other differences but if all you want is a portable thin music/video player this one would meet the need, plus all the Android apps are coming along very nicely.

I think gen2 IPADs will be amazing if they have the right features and the new screen, cameras (front/rear), sd slot, thinner/lighter, etc. Lots of the new Android based tablets are going to offer all of that and more in the coming 6months, should be an interesting time for sure.

Thing is Bill, these things today are a bit pricey, but gen 2 and gen 3 devices (gen 2 already on the market) are *very* affordable compared to the IPad.

V266-3026-main02-mm.jpg

Velocity Micro R101 Android Cruz Reader - 7 Touch Screen Display, 256MB Storage + 4GB Built-in Micro SD, Wi-Fi, MP3 Support, 10 Hours Battery Life, Black at TigerDirect.com

$119 for this one. 7" vs 9" screen and some other differences but if all you want is a portable thin music/video player this one would meet the need, plus all the Android apps are coming along very nicely.

I think gen2 IPADs will be amazing if they have the right features and the new screen, cameras (front/rear), sd slot, thinner/lighter, etc. Lots of the new Android based tablets are going to offer all of that and more in the coming 6months, should be an interesting time for sure.

right on!!!! why buy an ipad and pay for the name? android is better and way more reliable!!

When they make a tablet that I can skype with video for free on I'll be interested .
For now there aren't any are there ?

The Skype for Android only allows for calls not video .
I use my laptop to Skype my dad overseas.
I call him with video and walk around in the backyard so he can see his grandson playing or doing whatever. Would like something smaller and easier but still skype/free with video ?

You could both use Facetime; you on an iPhone 4 and he could get an iPhone 4 or a MacBook Air.

+1 skydivr

I've had one for 8 months, still use it atleast 1-2 hours every day. So much easier to check my emails / the .oRg / ebay / stocks than with the pc...plus I can use it anywhere whithin wifi range. Read the local paper and USA today every night before bed...check emails / facebook 1st thing after waking up.

I'm guessing most bashers out there haven't spent much time using an iPad. Other devices get the job done just fine, but I've noticed the biggest difference is they can't get the touch screen to work as smoothly/quickly/naturally as Apple can.

You could both use Facetime; you on an iPhone 4 and he could get an iPhone 4 or a MacBook Air.

I have facetime on my ipod touch 4th gen. I really cannot wait to see what the gen 2 ipad will have for us. If it has everything it should (needs) I will be buying at least one, perhaps 2 of them for this very reason. :thumbsup:

If you simply want something to do video calls to your dad, get a pair of ipod touch 4th gen's and enjoy :cool:

I have the 64gig 3G IPad. got it as soon as it was released. My wife and I use it every day. Emails, banking, the org, web surfing, games, movies, Netflix, etc... I just wish it had a camera, and regular texting capabilities. I would buy another in a second if mine broke.

Dell Duo comes with a built in camera and it's a fully functioning laptop that converts to a tablet in seconds. It may not have the neat apps, but it sure is a workhorse for the same price as an iPad.

That's what I got my wife for Xmas. :beerchug:

Sir Keith,

Shane:

1. Starts fast like my iPhone
2. Full web browsing (minus flash); full fast touchscreen (2 fingers for zoom like my iPhone
3. Plenty of free apps, and some really cool pay stuff.
4. 10 hour battery
5. Lightweight and easy to carry around
6. One small device, with great screen clarity, to surf/email etc.

My wife at first wanted a laptop (priced comparably), but this one starts fast, long battery and does everything she needs it to do.

Yes, I'd like the new GEN II coming out in FEB also, but I may just have to get that one for myself.

Recommend you go down to the local apple store and play with one for a few minutes.....

Love my iPad too. Love it so much that I bought one for my wife. She uses it all the time. I could do 80% of my professional work with it, and I use a computer a lot for work.

For those of you that have had one for awhile, any tricks to make it load faster? Not sure if I've done something wrong or not but seems a little slow getting a youtube video to play, when it's running on an wireless N router....Just

Back